Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

powder coat pei

Posted by mmkhodamoradi 
powder coat pei
March 24, 2021 04:41AM
hi guys i am living in iran
and i haven't access to international store for buy pei powder coated surface sad smiley
does anybody know how can i build it for myself from Granules or regular 0.03mm pei
thank you
Re: powder coat pei
March 25, 2021 10:12PM
In theory you could coat a glass surface with it, by slowly raising the temperature to above the glass transition point (217 Centigrade according to Wikipedia). For a few hours. And then slowly letting the glass cool down again.

It would not be that easy to get a consistently thick layer, but you could maybe get good enough for printing on (plus or minus 0.05 mm). If not, you would probably have to sandpaper it flat, and that would again be difficult without having a workshop, to get a consistent layer.
March 26, 2021 09:44AM
oh amazing
i should try this situation at this summer
thankyou DragonFire
March 27, 2021 07:58AM
Where youre at you could probably just set it out in the sun this summer and it would melt lol.
In addition to Dragonfires idea once it was molten you could lay a weighted plate (or another bed) on top with spacers at each corner that are the desired thickness. Going to be some trial and error no matter what. Combing or ironing with the nozzle, in theory would get you a perfectly flat surface relative to the machine.
March 27, 2021 02:12PM
tnx a lot for this solution mr bill clark thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login