Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Boards, Pulleys, Belts. Rostock Help smileys with beer (Noob)

Posted by cjflis 
Boards, Pulleys, Belts. Rostock Help smileys with beer (Noob)
October 20, 2012 02:50AM
Hello everyone,

I have received the Plastic Parts, rods and bearings for my Rostock. I have assembled the three towers and they are sitting in my room, the next step is to cut the wooden boards and fix them to the boards. Then I have to buy parts.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So far I believe I will be buying the following

--For the board, because I think that someone said this is the best:

1 x Azteeg X3

--For the Pulley

3x [sdp-si.com]

--For the Belts

I have no idea? And how do I know what length I need, my rods are 1024mm. And are the belts a closed loop, or can custom length belts be connected?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am looking for some guidance as to whether these are the right items, and whether there are better options.

Thankyou and i hope to hear back,

CJ
Re: Boards, Pulleys, Belts. Rostock Help smileys with beer (Noob)
October 21, 2012 12:38PM
Smooth Rods (6x etc):
Tight-Tolerance Rods—Metric Sizes—Precision Ground Finish
[www.mcmaster.com]
October 21, 2012 05:39PM
There's also a lot of experimentation going on in the rostock google group (delta robots 3d printer) about using fishing line instead of the belts.
October 21, 2012 10:50PM
Idol crasher I already have the rods thanks smiling smiley

And Tprime I would rather use belts just for piece of mind.

Thanks for the input though so far.
October 23, 2012 10:31PM
Any other information regarding suitable size belts?
October 24, 2012 06:04PM
For rostock specifically? No, although for the more mundane designs (prusa mendel etc.) either T2.5 or the trapezoidal profile 2mm belts result in higher precision and a bit less noise than the larger T5 and MXL called out in original prusa specs.

Might be useful to remember that your pulleys will dictate the belt or visa versa, since they're mated parts.

I'd also avoid printed drive pulleys and use machined drive pulleys instead, but that's your choice. I choose science over religion & political dogma any day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login