Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Azteeg x1

Posted by general-Insano 
Azteeg x1
October 22, 2012 11:34AM
Is anyone else using the same board if so what type of thermistor are you using and when using a heat bed is it necessary to layer with glass and aluminum or just use kapton tape. Also this is my first time working with any type of electronics besides fixing already broken electronics.

Edit: the board might be the x3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2012 11:39AM by general-Insano.
Re: Azteeg x1
October 22, 2012 06:55PM
The Azteeg X1 or X3 doesn't have any preference for the type of thermistor. You just need to have the correct thermistor table loaded or selected in the firmware that you're using.
October 22, 2012 07:13PM
There's an option to attach one on the board, if it isn't necessary then how do you load the table
October 22, 2012 08:51PM
The firmware tables are already in whatever firmware you choose, just pick the correct table in the config.h. With the heated bed you may want to put a sheet of picture glass over the heated bed, no kapton necessary if you are printing in PLA.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
October 22, 2012 10:30PM
The thermistor isn't optional, the printer will refuse to operate without one. There is no way to control the temperature without measuring it. That includes the bed, you want a set temperature, not just turn the bed on and let it get as hot as it can. The third thermistor is optional, since you might not have a second extruder. (If you have an X3)

If you ordered a thermistor bundled with the board, Roy at Panucatt can tell you the correct table. If it came with a printer kit, then check with the vendor.
October 23, 2012 12:25PM
It is intact a azteeg x1 3dp & I'm not sure about what type of thermositer to get. Also I haven't even had any experience with basic arduino(why oh why did I decide to go into the deep end first)

Edit: also is there some form of wiring diagram for a laptop power supply

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2012 12:59PM by general-Insano.
October 23, 2012 05:39PM
Go to this link for information on the Azteeg X1.

The wiring diagram is in that page.

As far as wiring a laptop power supply, it depends on what it is. But most have a barrel type connector where the middle is + and the outside is -. You would either need a connector or you can just cut the connectors off and strip the ends of the wires for the screw on power terminals on the Azteeg X1.

I think that the default thermistor in the Sprinter firmware is an Epcos 100k thermistor that Panucatt sells in that web site. This is probably a good choice for both hot end and heated bed. The default for Marlin seems to be a thermocouple so you would need to change that firmware code before compiling it and uploading it.
October 24, 2012 10:58AM
For some reason the thermositer isn't showing up on the site unless I get a board... I might get another one or two since Ihave 2 extra heat beds that I ordered before getting a super sized one
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login