Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Software Properties Definition ?

Posted by ronanwarrior 
Software Properties Definition ?
August 28, 2008 05:42AM
I have been looking around but have yet to see a list of all the properties settings and what they do or don't do. Yes I know some of them are I understand like port name but what is Extrude bandwidth and how will that change what I print. The page on tweaking only explains a few of them. So is there someone that would be kind enough to attempt to make a bit of list for me, and well others. I have been trying to tweak my Darwin for the pas few days but it take time to figure out what each setting does by trial and error.
Re: Software Properties Definition ?
August 28, 2008 10:39AM
Reprap software params are listed here: [reprap.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2008 10:40AM by Tobi.
Ru
August 28, 2008 01:43PM

Reprap software params are listed here:

Those are just UI parameters though, and as such wouldn't have any impact on the build.

I don't know if skeinforge shares any build parameters with the java host, but it is pretty well documented from what I've seen and so definitely worth a look.
August 28, 2008 02:04PM

those are just UI parameters though, and as such wouldn't have any impact on the build.

The bot and extruder parameters are on tabs at the bottom.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
August 28, 2008 02:32PM
I do not think they have been recently updated?

I am running a rev. that is 3 to 4 months old and they are missing some of latest settings that are on my build.

I can ask Adrian to update since I was going to ask him to put what Electronics work with what rev. of code since the Pic electronics will not work with the latest code.

Bruce W
Ru
August 28, 2008 02:38PM

The bot and extruder parameters are on tabs at the bottom.

Argh, so they are. I was just reading it as simple HTML table (with an inconvenient scrollbar), not some horrible google document. Oops.
August 28, 2008 04:25PM
Well that does help a bit they are still missing some. I can't think off the top of my head which but that list looks a little short. Any ways now to go back to work and see if i can get some better printing done.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login