Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HAXLR8R - Hardware Startup Incubator Wants You!

Posted by ZachHoeken 
HAXLR8R - Hardware Startup Incubator Wants You!
October 29, 2012 12:30AM
Hey All,

In the startup world, there are tons of resources and programs for software and web based startups, but not much for people who make hardware. Haxlr8r is changing all that by offering a 4 month program that takes you to both Shenzhen, China and San Francisco, CA.

If you hack hardware and want to either start your business or take your business to the next level then you should apply for our 2013 program. We're looking for things that are primarily hardware (aka include electronics, mechanical, or both). Do you make arduino shields? Robots? 3D printers? Something there isn't a name for yet? If so, you should come talk to us.

Once you're accepted, you get $25,000 and access to our network of mentors and investors. The actual program starts in Shenzhen, the electronics manufacturing capital of the world. You'll fly out in January 2013 and you'll be provided with resources and tools to get your prototype up and running and find a manufacturing partner. At the end of the program, you'll head back to San Francisco to pitch your idea to investors and then the rest is up to you!

As someone who has created a successful hardware company (MakerBot) based around open source, I completely understand open source here at Haxlr8r. I also know that the people in this community are extremely creative, motivated, and have what it takes to build cool stuff. The star of last years program, Nomiku, was originally an Arduino hack, so I hope that we can help more people go fulltime with their hobbies and passions.

To apply, head over here and fill in your information: [haxlr8r.com]

PS. I left MakerBot earlier this year, and do not support their recent closed-source moves. Please don't judge me based on something I had no control over!
VDX
Re: HAXLR8R - Hardware Startup Incubator Wants You!
October 29, 2012 03:46AM
Hi Zach,

glad to read you again smileys with beer

To Haxlr8r - I'm in Germany and have problems jumping to USA or China, but some interesting concepts, that should bring RepRap and DIY-RP some big steps further grinning smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
November 01, 2012 11:30AM
Zach, can you please clarify whether you are looking for USA-based teams only or anywhere in the world.

Thanks.
November 01, 2012 12:33PM
Couple of quick thoughts...

On entering this program, how much of one's idea would suddenly become owned and controlled by others?

Why would it be beneficial to one's home country to build a business in China?
November 04, 2012 07:11AM
I'll answer myself: The fact they mention help with visa paperwork in their FAQ makes clear anyone is welcome to apply and they do expected non-USA teams.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login