Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Full graphic smart controller - Line of missing pixels

Posted by Plecc 
Full graphic smart controller - Line of missing pixels
November 08, 2021 07:15PM
Hi all,

I have been trying to get a reprap discount full graphic smart controller running correctly on a BTT SKR v1.3 board, running Marlin 2.0.
But I just cant figure out what I'm missing. I have a line of dead pixels running across the screen just above half way up, Its at just the right height to cut off the top of the numbers any time you try to edit a value.
Also the first screen that displays on start-up is completely garbled, not too sure but I think it may be called the splash screen?
The marlin logo that pops up a few seconds later displays correctly but still has the line of missing pixels.
Apart from the above issues, every aspect of the controller is working perfectly, SD, encoder, buzzer e.c.t.

I haven't been able to find any posts or videos describing the exact problem, the best I have found is others with garbled main status screens.
Most of them recommend trying the delay code below, I couldn't find this code within marlin so I pasted it in below the #define for the discount smart controller within configuration.h, I'm not too sure if that's the correct way to do it!

#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER
#define ST7920_DELAY_1 DELAY_NS(125)
#define ST7920_DELAY_2 DELAY_NS(125)
#define ST7920_DELAY_3 DELAY_NS(125)

I have tried quite a few different delay values from various sources with no change -

1 DELAY_NS(125) (0)__ (20) (0)__ (0)__ (500) (600) (63) (250)
2 DELAY_NS(125) (250) (20) (188) (250) (500) (750) (63) (250)
3 DELAY_NS(125) (250) (70) (0)__ (0)__ (500) (750) (63) (250)

Could it be that all these delays only work on 8bit boards?
Others mentioned flipping the connectors on the back of the screen, but again this was a fix for a completely garbled status screen.
One post said that it could be to do with the line spacing on the screen being incorrect but there was no mention of how to edit the spacing.

Any ideas what I can try next? thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login