Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GO VOTE

Posted by rogerw 
GO VOTE
November 05, 2012 05:26PM
this might be a bit late but hey you Americans go vote!
in Australian it is mandatory to vote - yes once every 3 or 4 years we have to get up of our big fat arses and go to the local
town hall to vote (and have a sausage in bread).
yes we all hate all the candidates but one of them is going to be running the country so we vote for the ones we hate least.
that normally means putting the shooting party last and wondering what it is the sex party does.

i know you American think it is your democratic right to not vote in the biggest democracy in the world but to outsides that seems just weird.
Re: GO VOTE
November 05, 2012 05:39PM
It's actually early.
Tomorrow is the vote.
November 05, 2012 05:39PM
rogerw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> that normally means putting the shooting party last and wondering what it is the sex party does.

Hm, this thread will end well. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
November 05, 2012 05:43PM
yes apart from the obvious i am always to embarassed to ask what the sex party does

or did u mean that shooting party bit (must admit i did chuck that in to see if i would get any bites - trying to understand why American would like to live in society full of guns)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2012 07:04PM by rogerw.
November 05, 2012 07:20PM
OK, I wanna live in Australia now... sausages and a sex party?? I'm sooo in!!

BTW, I hear that Obama prints polycarb on a Mendel without a heated bed... Now THAT's leadership!

smiling smiley
November 05, 2012 07:22PM
yes and its a public holiday - for a horse race!!!! (melb cup)
November 05, 2012 10:43PM
Go vote.

A lot of people died so you can vote - don't shit on their sacrifice by not voting.

I voted this morning! smiling smiley

Just remember, Romney will create 12 million new jobs! What he didn't say was that they'll all be slave labor...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2012 11:12AM by akhlut.

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
November 06, 2012 01:03AM
And make sure you vote Obama

November 06, 2012 03:06AM
If you don't vote for Obama, you hate america
November 06, 2012 09:39AM
rogerw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> in Australian it is mandatory to vote ...

What's the penalty for disobeying? Here too used to be mandatory to vote. And to make deciding easier there was only one "right" party - the communist party and no voting booths. Penalties varied, like getting troubles in work, being fired, children wont get to university, etc. Depended on if one was also attending church, was meeting wrong people, what excuse he provided etc. So its nice to see that "west" is finally catching up smiling smiley
November 06, 2012 10:15AM
As usual on the internet, Hollywood "educated" foreingers who can't keep to their own business.

Clue: The USA isn't Rome, and you're not apriori citizens. Bugger off.
November 06, 2012 11:15AM
They may not be US citizens, but they are stakeholders in the US economic imperium.

- akhlut

November 06, 2012 03:37PM
First of all i wasnt aware that is an political or us forum for that matter, but if we are at it here my half of a cent. For myself, i am NOT an american, and i really cant say how glad i am for it.

I think in a corporatocracy like u.s. - it doesnt matter who you actually vote, all candidates pre-sold to companies who funded them, which are generally about the same companies all over. Not to speak that in some cases you dont actually vote for some guy, but mostly you choose to vote against the other guy, which kinda translates simbolically into that "both are bad".

If a system is funded, and has as a first rule for everyone to "care most about oneself and the money" then it cant be a democracy because the so-called "representants" will fall by same rule. Hence they have to put themselives above other ppls and public interest. So its a fundamental contradiction in terms.

If anybody has the illusion that you are in a democracy, i will say that its coz they are too young. A couple of years and a bunch of dissapointments later might reveal this point of view above in a different way. Democracy is a word so much used that it lost its meaning and nowadays bottoms down to just a marketing label. There is a lot of public propaganda, but try not fall for it - instead of that ... think for yourself!
November 06, 2012 03:41PM
We should get to vote too the amount of coverage it gets on our TV at the moment smiling smiley.

In NZ it is not manadatory to vote but it should be as voter turnout is usually less than half of the elligible population. Too many people think their vote can't make a difference so it doesn't - like a self-fulfulling prophecy.

Go vote.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2012 03:44PM by Wired1.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
November 06, 2012 05:37PM
hi all,
if you don't vote you get a hundred dollar fine or so. you can vote for whom ever you like and if you don't think your boss will like it then you don't tell him.
<<>>
"hollywood" education - now there a oxymoron. although my brothers and i did try to dig a tunnel from our house to our friends in the next block thanks to hogan's heroes.
xiando - unfortuately (as wired1 pointed out) your bloody election is on our televisions every night - why? god knows (well probably because the lazy news people just take what ever story is coming in from the world and slap it up for us, that and we just can't comprehend how much money you spend on it).
and yes I believe that who ever is in power in america does affect us in aust - esp economics and foreign policy . the unregulated wall street banks collapsing has certainly been felt here. what wars america is involved with is felt here (aust has comparitable deaths of soliders per head of population to that of america in wars we have been allies in ie. ww2, korea, vietnam, iraq 1 & 2. afganistan, also have comparitable amounts of civilian deaths due to recent terrorism attacks - bali 2002 88 aust dead for pop 22 million, 9/11 2000 dead for pop of 300 million ).

roger.
November 06, 2012 11:57PM
It's Obama. Now I can breathe.

- akhlut

November 07, 2012 10:31AM
Too bad it's only the lesser of two evils sad smiley

Edit : what I meant is, I dislike the dual-only choice you have there. Not a real choice IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2012 10:32AM by DeuxVis.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login