Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Someone with a modix printer here? experiences with the machine?

Posted by sungod3k 
Someone with a modix printer here? experiences with the machine?
October 20, 2022 04:14AM
Hi,

im thinking about buying a Modix printer (https://www.modix3d.com/big-120z/) for my company and im looking for someone who has used one and wants to share some experiences.

I like the machine mainly because its using duet and all advantages that come with it, but I also heard some weird stuff that mainly has to do with the fact that it comes in a kit.

one supplier also told me that it supposedly took 2 people 10 days to build it which sounds a bit much.

anyway I'd love to hear from some of you who made good or bad experiences with it
Re: Someone with a modix printer here? experiences with the machine?
October 21, 2022 02:33AM
There are some Modix users on the Duet3D forum so you might want to post there too. [forum.duet3d.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Someone with a modix printer here? experiences with the machine?
October 27, 2022 03:56AM
Hi, I have modix printer and i like it. I have not bought it as kit, but it came in a kit for me. I built it together with couple of friends in 2 days. It is not so difficult to build and everything that you need is there. If you are experienced with 3d printers, this should be easy to build. Everything is well documented. I use it now for 3 weeks and it works fine. It is a bit slow, but the print quality is good. The main problem with this printer is, that the resolution is not enough to print some of the things that i want to print. So, it depends on what you want to print, if you want to print some of the common things, then you should be fine, if you want to print some special things, then you will have to use some other printer. I hope this will help you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login