Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X-Axis Vibration/Grinding Problem

Posted by nefermu 
X-Axis Vibration/Grinding Problem
December 26, 2012 01:42AM
Last night I got a new problem with X Axis, During printing or just at the very begining of printing X-axis motor starts to vibrate on +/- direction (with very unsual noise like grinding, cutting metal) and loses the x axis position. Problem seems to be random. Can it be realted with loose connections ?
I use sanguino, marlin, aluminum T2.5 pulleys,
Re: X-Axis Vibration/Grinding Problem
December 26, 2012 05:13PM
Belt tension too high.
Insufficient current to the steppers, you'll have to increase the current setting on the drivers.
Binding in the x-axis, which can be caused by insufficient lubrication on whatever the x-axis rides on.
December 26, 2012 05:44PM
I have blown up half a pololu and it sounds like that. One of the failure modes is for the drive for only one of the coils to blow. When that happens the motor jumps around aggressively in no particular direction making a horrible noise.
December 26, 2012 06:40PM
Yeah i had a faulty pololu as well once works okay but steppers sounded very very rough and grinding.

i email supplier and they said they get a fair few of them faulty like this and just sent me a replacement.

try changing your X and Y pololu drivers over (Unplug power 1st !) if noise moves to Y axis then driver is the problem smiling smiley
December 27, 2012 09:45AM
I have solved the problem molex connector were arcing and this was causing problems.

thanks for all support

[www.3byazici.com]
[3dprintertr.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login