Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Midwest 3d Printer Fest

Posted by johnoly99 
Midwest 3d Printer Fest
January 01, 2013 11:33PM
Hey all. os1r1s and I have been brewing up a big get together for all the crazies out there. Calling it the Midwest RepRap Festival (MRRF) for now. It's going to be March 15-17th, here in Elkhart Indiana. We've got a huge warehouse heated, secure set for the weekend, we'll be supplying tables/chairs/power entertainment of some kind etc...

Have a few ppl set to present some live braodcast video interviews, some pre-recorder, and even some In person speakers at the event! No firm names yet, but we'll be posting more as they get on board. First off, it's free, no tickets, no fees. If you want to set up and sell products at the fest, we're aksing for a donation. That's pretty much all there is too it?

If you can make it to the event, take a minute and fill out the form, to help us know how many tables/chairs/power drops etc... we will need to have

[docs.google.com]

Thanks guys, hope to see a bunch of you there!

John "Oly"
SeeMeCNC.com
Re: Midwest 3d Printer Fest
January 02, 2013 06:44PM
10 hours away and I'm still considering showing up. Anyone living closer who doesnt show needs an excuse better than "work" or "bone protruding through skin."

-Tom
January 02, 2013 09:09PM
Man, I want to go. 11 hrs isn't that bad... Now to convince the wife...

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
January 07, 2013 04:48PM
Can people who want to observe and learn attend?

What is cost?

Tickets in advance or at door?

Thanks

Nick
January 07, 2013 09:05PM
ntar837,

Its free! And yes, anyone who wants come see and learn and interact is welcome. No tickets, no fee, just ask that you sign up to the rsvp link above so we know how many prople to expect
February 01, 2013 01:30AM
I'll be there, probably with my family in-tow!
February 01, 2013 01:34AM
Oh dear. I live in NY, it's drivable. Hmmmm Now to ask the wife...
February 03, 2013 02:57AM
What is the actual address for navigation. I'm leaving from NY and don't want to get lost.
February 03, 2013 07:05AM
YAY!! I'm in Fort Wayne. If she lets me I will be there. How many coming with printers so far?
February 03, 2013 08:28AM
1willc, ill get the address posted up soon, its going to be on Johnson St and south of CR6 in elkhart.

Foshon, we have over 40 ppl registered for the weekend already! Thats just the ppl coming to hang. We have ~20 local people who will be there, with 10 or so printers, plus UltiMachine is coming, a birdie tild me a guy named joseph might be coming, and then our build event has 10+ ppl already coming.

Cant wait guys! Getting closer!
February 03, 2013 01:40PM
have you guys contacted the people at pumping station one? If not you really should.
February 03, 2013 01:57PM
Yep. Some of them as well as kalamazoo and indys maker/hacker communities are coming.
February 03, 2013 02:12PM
I can't make it-- this year-- You all have fun :-(

But maybe next year I will have more time to get a plan together. Ya see kids will do that to ya.
February 05, 2013 02:08PM
Don't mean to appear stupid but what is a "ppl"?
February 05, 2013 02:14PM
ppl == people
February 08, 2013 08:09PM
Room is booked. Looking forward to meeting you all.
February 08, 2013 08:28PM
See ya there! I just read that there is a mendel90 build the same weekend in the uk? Have to have a video link or? Could be pretty cool. Maybe this is a trend? Have simultanious build events all iver the world, all on the same weekend!
February 08, 2013 09:24PM
You would be surprised what you and your FDM printer can do if you, your printer and your software get good enough...

March 01, 2013 10:56AM
Is there a schedule or agenda for the show?

Something to see on Friday night?

Will be coming in from near Cleveland, Oh so would like to know how to plan trip.

Thanks

Nick
March 04, 2013 05:01PM
Everything still looking good for this?
March 06, 2013 12:36PM
Room booked and RSVP made, coming down from Lansing MI. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
March 06, 2013 09:03PM
I called today to ask if it was still on, and it is. It starts on Friday March 15th at 4pm and goes til around 2am, then starts up early Saturday and does the same, and Sunday is early until???

Sounds like a lot of fun.
March 06, 2013 09:31PM
[Huge sigh] Would do anything to go but of course I have commitments from Friday all that way thru Sunday... sad smiley
March 06, 2013 09:36PM
What is the actual address of where it's being held?

Edit: Nevermind, the survey link was updated to add the address.

Royale Phoenix
53972 N. Park Ave.
Elkhart, IN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2013 09:36PM by HanClinto.
March 09, 2013 05:16PM
I still need to book my room, but I'm planning on attending. It is right at 12 hours away from NW Arkansas. On the way back, I'll have a Rostock Max in tow. See everyone Friday.

Shawn
March 09, 2013 09:34PM
Sweeeeeet!

See ya there!

Getting all primed and ready for the event, we're down in Louisville @ LVL1's hackerspace, os1r1s has the build event, 10 new Mendels coming to life smiling smiley
March 11, 2013 02:13PM
Anyone coming from Chicago that would be willing to rideshare? Message me!
March 13, 2013 01:50PM
Must I send in registration if I will only be an observer?
March 15, 2013 11:43PM
Nope, no registration required, come on down!

FYI, I set up some dropcams for the event

[dropc.am]

[dropc.am]

[dropc.am]

They are all streaming live all weekend, so anyone that can't come, stop by, and jump on #reprap in IRC, people always on somewhere
March 16, 2013 09:30AM
I plan on attending but due to a previous engagement I won't be able to get there until about 7pm which looks like dinner time. Will the dinner be at the hall or somewhere else? If it's going to be somewhere else could you post where?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login