Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FIRST Robotics Competition!!

Posted by ikilledkenny 
FIRST Robotics Competition!!
January 10, 2013 04:29PM
Wondering if anyone else in the community is either participating in, or helping mentor a team this year. This is my first year mentoring for the St.Peter Nordic Storm #3018, and it has been a blast. Seeing young minds tackle complex problems while being under a short deadline is awesome to see.

If you are not sure what FIRST is take a look here [www.usfirst.org].
Here is this years competition - [www.youtube.com]

If there are other teams or mentors out there it would be great to hear your experiences so far.
Re: FIRST Robotics Competition!!
January 10, 2013 07:01PM
I was on team 1569, Haywire Robotics, a few years ago smiling smiley It was one of the best experiences of my life. We went to Portland and Seattle regionals and we went to Atlanta for the national event after winning in Seattle. That is cool you are mentoring a team. I wish I had time, but I might next year.
January 11, 2013 10:10AM
Very cool bobbitay, what was your competition?

So far the reprap has helped quite a bit for the team. They are currently working on different ways to climb the tower for this year. Here is some video of them testing a climbing prototype using one of the printed teeth designs.

[www.youtube.com]
January 11, 2013 06:55PM
I did FRC smiling smiley I wish I knew about printing while I was on the team, I didn't learn about it until I started college.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login