Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier 0.83 Released spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by Idolcrasher 
Repetier 0.83 Released spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
January 22, 2013 01:48PM

Repetier 0.83 is available now.

This version comes with Slic3r 0.9.8 integrated into the program.

If Pronterface is the only Host program you have tried, you should check out Repetier. It is a more resource intensive program, but it gives you a 3D view of your G-Code as you print (it is pretty cool winking smiley )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2013 08:29PM by Idolcrasher.

FabberForge - Printing Happiness

[www.fabberforge.com]
Re: Repetier 0.83 Released spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
January 22, 2013 07:23PM
Is that the only disadvantage? I have a pretty nice new computer I just built, so it would be a better option for me? I've only used Pronterface...I'll give it a try. smiling smiley I always wanted a 3D view.
January 22, 2013 08:30PM
I have been using it for some time now. I love it.
January 23, 2013 12:02AM
Honestly, I just wish it wasn't Java.

Edit, I was mistaken. (Sorry)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2013 12:23AM by xclusive585.
January 23, 2013 12:07AM
xclusive585 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Honestly, I just wish it wasn't Java.

Errr it's not, Looking at it on github the Windows version is C Sharp, the Linux version I assume uses Mono to run it, and the Mac version is native Objective C.
January 23, 2013 01:12AM
It’s a really cool interface. It also supports skeinforge, but the interface and the preview windows are nice touches. It allows me to verify the gcode build before committing a print. Also little known fact is if you scroll down to the bottom of the gcode you get how much feedstock is used, length of print, and other data.

I'm a little wary of anything other than slicer 0.72b, but will give the latest slicer 0.98 a try!
January 23, 2013 10:50AM
Repetier host works flawlessly and integrates 0.98 slicer. I am in the middle of a print with it and it seems to be working well. Also i think it compiled 2 minutes faster

I tried honeycomb infill which normally does not seem to print well for me. it is working, perimeters seem to outline better. some good smoothing optimizations and extrusion compensation i would think. I'll compare later on today/or the next day, with 0.72b and 0.98 with yoda figure. I've been having some issues with measles on the yoda with green pla. I attribute it to jerkiness of moves and lots of retraction and not having the right temp as of yet for it. seems to have disappeared with 0.98, and the extract when crossing perimeter feature seems to be working, will know more when print gets done finishing the yoda ears
January 23, 2013 11:09AM
Version 0.9.7 had a problem that put bumps and "measles" on objects. If you were using .9.7 that is where the measles came from.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2013 11:51AM by Idolcrasher.
January 23, 2013 11:50AM
The slic3r STD....

I'm interested in seeing how .98 does vs .97, I've only used .97

Soon as I have the time.
January 31, 2013 02:05PM
the original measles issue was from a fan wire rubbing against the x axis rods. i fixed that and then reprinted yoda in both versions of slic3r

i have a high res version here to compare with named : original.jpg included at bottom of post.

to be fair as possible both were printed on sd card, with similar settings. similar because 0.98 has different flow rates for nozzle sizes. the 0.72b i have a 0.5mm nozzle but tell software it is 0.48 so it will workaround and draw walls correctly. with 0.98 i had to set nozzle size back to 0.5mm as 0.48 the perimeters were no longer touching. so in fairness the poor layer quality may be from my settings. i will need to tweak it a little more perhaps. here are images of what a close up looks like. retraction is better in 0.98 but it causes a bump defect right around the nose area and the eyes.. 0.72b no bump defect and other than retraction around the ears works ok. prints were printed back to back. temp of pla green was 220c.
this was 0.98:

this was 0.72b

both versions had same retraction settings of 3mm and 18mm speed

i will stay with 0.72b because i have it setup. i can deal with clean up of retraction, and like better layering smoothness.

if you want to give 0.98 a try go for it, prints do turn out but you will need to recalculate flow rates, and possibly change wall thickness ratios manually. also i would spend time tweaking retraction, because those areas that generated the bumps in the eye and nose were starts after retractions. again it could be my setup, and a few days ago my machine was having issues, but 0.72b i can show to people prints with pride. 0.98 needs more tweaking. i may switch over at a later date. it does seem promising!

here is my Yoda army printed to test this all out all but one were printed in 0.98. measles issue went way after 4th one as it was fixed, and tested with another print. then prints were done to match 0.72 settings

luckily i think repetier host allows different versions of slic3r.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2013 03:20PM by jamesdanielv.
Attachments:
open | download - slic3r.jpg (105 KB)
open | download - original.jpg (501.4 KB)
open | download - face098.jpg (121.1 KB)
open | download - face072b.jpg (75 KB)
open | download - yodaarmy.jpg (33.4 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login