Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

reprapworld hotend

Posted by stu121 
reprapworld hotend
January 29, 2013 07:43AM
Hi, is anyone using a hotend from [reprapworld.com], they seems to be reasonably priced. I made the mistake of buying a jhead from china on ebay sad smiley So looking for another now.

Cheapest I can find a well made jhead is £54 in the UK. Or can anyone recomend a decent hotend that I can get shipped to the UK without spending a fortune smiling smiley
Re: reprapworld hotend
January 29, 2013 11:17AM
I brought this j head the other day. I've only used it for a few hours but it seems absolutely excellent so far. JHEAD
January 29, 2013 02:04PM
thanks, they look good quality, but they don't have any listed on ebay right now, but have sent them a message.

Still considering the one from reprap world as they are a bit cheaper and have lots of spares available?
January 30, 2013 04:26AM
There is a reason they offer so many spare parts... I've broken the teflon barrel once (a mounting problem, I suppose)

Also, the hotend has a comperatively long melt zone - you need quite a bit of force for the extrusion.
February 01, 2013 12:01AM
Get it from the source. The J-Head design is the brainchild of Brian Reifsnyder, and his web site is HotEnds.com. We should support the real developers as much as possible.
February 01, 2013 04:06AM
I would do but I am in the UK and will probably get charged £15+ import duty sad smiley
February 01, 2013 04:03PM
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261163729498

those j-heads are back on ebay again, thinking of getting one my self.
February 02, 2013 10:23AM
yeah them on ebay look tempting, but I have decided to get one from hotends.com even with import charges it should be no more then £55 and I know I will have the best available.
February 06, 2013 02:12AM
+1 for the original J Head from Brian.
February 09, 2013 03:15PM
well in the end I got the jhead from reprap-uk on ebay, as I was feeling a bit impatient,

The jhead looked fine at first, soldered it all up and came to fit into my wades to find it would not fit!

although it is listed on ebay as 'All parts are precisely machined according to the original specifications'

the peek is 16.6mm! I have sent a msg on ebay and he is blaming his supplier for sending the peek rod that size!

why the hell he did not check it and machine it down I dont know. then he tells me it is up to me to modify the peek or my extruder!

so if anyone else is thinking of buying one I would think twice, I have now had to use a printed jhead mount that holds it against the bottom of the wades, seems ok for now.
February 09, 2013 06:54PM
Using a mount should work fine. If it prints fine, you are up to printing an odd-sized Wade main body smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login