Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem connecting[I used the search function i swear]

Posted by PistachioPete 
Problem connecting[I used the search function i swear]
February 01, 2013 10:44PM
Hello every one, I recently built a prusa mendel and I'm getting some odd problems trying to get it to connect.

It uses ramps 1.4, and runs the ramps test program smoothly. I'm able to upload firmware just fine, obviously with the ramps test.

The issue I'm having is connecting to pronterface. I can connect to pronterface only if my power supply is unplugged. On windows I get a usb device not recognized when power

supply is on and an odd script when I try to connect. On mac just a delay saying connecting. I'ved tried updating drivers as per the website with no joy. Any suggestions would

be great

Thank you
Re: Problem connecting[I used the search function i swear]
February 01, 2013 11:06PM
are you using more than 12volts?
February 02, 2013 01:14AM
12 volts 20 amps is what my power supply is rated
February 02, 2013 02:10AM
Are you sure you have the baudrate set to that in the FW?
You do have a FW installed and NOT some test software?

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
February 02, 2013 06:37AM
Maybe the PSU is putting noise on the 0V rail and that corrupts the USB comms.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
February 02, 2013 04:11PM
Baudrate is defined as 115200 in configuation.h in sprinter, I'd be offended if I couldn't imagine over 100 posts with that problem.

I'll put the psu on a scope and see if thats the issue, bad power was my original assumption, which led me to buy a preassembled ramps as opposed to the one i assembled.

Thank you for the suggestions so far
February 02, 2013 06:22PM
Are PSU and computer plugged into the same wall outlet? It can be ground loop.
February 04, 2013 08:18PM
Not plugged into the same outlet. I'm getting a lot of static build up. not sure what is causing it. I've made some head way as far as getting it

connected and then applying power to psu[not good i know] but then it will disconnect shortly after. Triggering the endstop caused it to disconnect,

as well as me touching the corner of the board. I'm not able to move motors this way but bed and heater turn on.
February 05, 2013 09:08AM
do you have a different power supply to try?
February 07, 2013 03:03PM
I was unable to round up a different power supply. I did however test mine, it is within spec and delivering clean power. I got the static and surging taken care of[dry air and

carpets. The issue still stands that my computer does not recognize ramps with psu connected, I am able to plug in ramps alone to load firmware. I've tried a series of plugging in

in different order[psu,usb] and that seems to be the issue. I'm almost tempted to buy the lcd and sd setup to see how it behaves as a free standing unit. I've tried two different

ramps and get similar problems
February 12, 2013 10:20PM
Downloaded Repetier-host connects fine, movement in all directions. Needs fine tuning. Mind still blown but happy ending. Thank you for all the suggestions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login