Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

iMEC PROTO www.3dcadprint.com

Posted by martybee58 
iMEC PROTO www.3dcadprint.com
February 02, 2013 07:22AM
Does anybody own one of these printers? If so any feedback? Their 200 models caim to be able to print ABS, PLA, PP and even silicone rubber in the future.

I'm looking at buying one but (or a mendel90) but would like to know opinions of those with experiance of the iMEC first.

Thanks, Martin
Re: iMEC PROTO www.3dcadprint.com
February 02, 2013 07:43AM
I think their website is actually www.cad3dprint.com. I can't see any indication they are shipping any products. Clicking on the "Special Offer" does nothing.

Perhaps too early to tell.
February 02, 2013 11:07AM
just looking at the specs it claims to have a 12v 5amp power requirement, yet runs an sanguinololu board with at least 4 steppers on it, by the time you add on the heater for the extruder and the heated bed, something isn't adding up there, 5 amps realistically will only really power the hotend and maybe 1 stepper motor,

it essentially looks to be a ultimaker with the extruder mounted on top instead of the bowden tube

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

February 02, 2013 05:07PM
Why does it seem that so many of these start up companies are trying to sell a printer that they haven't even built or if they have built it, it prints like crap?

Compared to what I get out of my Mendel, every print in their gallery are reject prints to me.

Nice Z wobble they have going there. If I was to buy someone elses pre-assembled or kit printer it damn well better have ZERO Z wobble.
February 02, 2013 06:35PM

. it essentially looks to be a ultimaker with the extruder mounted on top instead of the bowden tube

Or a ditto, or a type A, or a ToM, or a replicator, or.....
February 03, 2013 03:59AM
thejollygrimreaper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> just looking at the specs it claims to have a 12v
> 5amp power requirement, yet runs an sanguinololu
> board with at least 4 steppers on it, by the time
> you add on the heater for the extruder and the
> heated bed, something isn't adding up there, 5
> amps realistically will only really power the
> hotend and maybe 1 stepper motor,

As long as you do not have a heated bed 5A is plenty of current. Tantillus runs a 5A power supply and the RepRap wiki suggests a 5A power supply unless you are running a heated bed.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
February 03, 2013 04:08AM
problem is it says in their specs "aluminium heater bed"

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

February 03, 2013 01:00PM
Thanks for the replies, I think the mendel90 seems the much safer bet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login