Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Whats the item you printed that saved the day

Posted by scubi 
Whats the item you printed that saved the day
February 05, 2013 01:40AM
Hi
Just wonder what you have printed that solved a problem for you. For example , a part in your car had broken and you reproduced it and is working great. Interesting to see what you guys have printed.

Thanks
Re: Whats the item you printed that saved the day
February 05, 2013 02:40AM
Replacement table leg
Replacement drip coffee maker valve
Table leg clamp

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
February 05, 2013 03:00AM
i did a bearing holder for a piece of machinery a little while ago ...

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

February 05, 2013 03:12AM
I kept breaking visor clips in my car (poor design) so one of the first real things I made was a heavy duty replacement. I still have both in my car and they still work perfect.

I also manufacture UV curing ovens for epoxy, I needed bolt standoffs in a size that does not exist, I use to cut PVC pipe to the proper size but now I print them.
February 05, 2013 03:20AM
lol, i print stand offs by the hundred

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

February 05, 2013 03:25AM
Drop-in T-slot nuts for aluminum extrusions for various projects. I kept running out so I just made them with a standard hex nut trap.
February 05, 2013 11:26AM
Haven't designed it yet but here's my idea to save me a whole 10$.

My pets always destroy my blinds by bending the ends and breaking them. I plan on making some clips to reinforce the blinds at the string hole and/or hold on broken slats.

Pretty weak I know. I've avoided letting my employer know about my printers, as they just wouldn't pay me enough to make parts for them.
February 05, 2013 04:24PM
Dishwasher repairs...
A replacement wheel bracket for dishwasher tray. It seems to be a common enough failure point on many brands of dishwasher. I've printed some for friends. The clip snaps and the wheel wobbles loose. It's a €5.50 part to order on-line round here. Now that I've drawn it up in Sketchup I can print my own replacements. Broken clip shown to top of photo. Wheel can be removed and pushed on to new bracket.

The cutlery basket base gets punched through with frequent use. Then a knife drops through and blocks the rotating spray arm. This was a little tray sized to fit one of the broken compartment bases. It just drops into place. Saves buying a replacement cutlery tray.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2013 04:26PM by NumberSix.

[numbersixreprap.blogspot.com]
February 05, 2013 04:49PM
Nice! I must get some abs so I can print one of those little trays.
February 09, 2013 06:50AM
A small disk in the water pump of a friends car cracked. I did an OpenSCAD copy and printed it. So far it has been in his car for 10 months and still working fine.

How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for somewhere else. - R. Buckminster Fuller

[apapageek.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login