Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New to 3d printing. Buying a kit.

Posted by Jakecheramie 
New to 3d printing. Buying a kit.
February 10, 2013 02:35PM
Hello, I am new to 3d printing and messed up buying parts on eBay but luckily got a refund for all of it. I am going to buy this kit from mixshop [www.mixshop.com]

I was wondering if that and these two items on were all i needed to build it. Other part:

[www.ebay.com]

Also I am wondering if I should get the 3mm filament or 1.75 mm kit

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2013 11:39PM by Jakecheramie.
Re: New to 3d printing. Buying a kit.
February 10, 2013 06:47PM
Hi Jake, I see a redundancy if you are going to buy all three of these links.

The Mixshop link indicates that it comes with 1x Wade's Geared Extruder, this is the part that prints out plastic.

The first ebay link shows that it includes Greg's extruder printed parts, which is another geared extruder very similar to Wade's extruder.

The 2nd ebay link is for a "complete" wade's geared extruder.

So, if you buy all three links, you'll end up with 3 extruders! In addition, the 2nd ebay link claims a complete wades extruder kit, but did not mention of including 608zz bearings, springs, and other bits. Take a look here at a complete Wades hardware kit

Here is what I think you should do, contact Mixshop to see if the kit includes a full extruder kit with all parts including plastic extruder parts. If yes, than buy the first ebay link and use it's Greg's extruder plastic parts as a backup or sell it. If Mixshop does not include the plastic parts for Wade's extruder, you can easily use Wade's hardware parts in Greg's extruder as they share very similar hardware (im not sure on this, you should research/double check).

Also to reaffirm, you do not need the 2nd ebay link. If you need extruder hardware, you can just buy all the hardware (1 - m8 hobbed bolt, 1 - m8 washer, 3 - m8 nuts, 3 608zz bearings, etc) from ebay or ultimachine for much cheaper than 39.95 + 10.33 shipping.

hope I was helpful, - Mike.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2013 06:48PM by akenvim.
February 10, 2013 10:38PM
you edited and changed the link. The new ebay link should be perfect with the mixshop kit since they both have wades extruder. Just make sure the mixshop is a metric hardware kit and not SAE to match the printed parts. I don't have experience with mixshop so I don't know what type they send out.
February 10, 2013 10:55PM
Does this also include everything to build the hot tip? It says wade extruder in the kit but I am not sure if it includes everything in the full wades kit they have.
February 10, 2013 11:01PM
Changed the link again to a better one i believe.
February 10, 2013 11:06PM
The hot tip is referred as a hotend. Since mixshop gives you the option to select filament size with a corresponding nuzzle, I assume it includes a hotend with the nuzzle size you select. As a beginner, I think the .5mm nuzzle is easier to start with. You should still contact anyways if it helps settle your worries.
February 10, 2013 11:16PM
this new link is more expensive! With another redundant issue too. The new one comes with PLA bushings, the mixshop kit already has 12x Linear Bearing, which I assume is 12x lm8uu bearings. The lm8uu are much better than PLA bushings. Stick with the previous link.

Or what you can do is, get the mixshop kit first and wait for it to arrive than buy a plastic kit that suits your needs later.
February 10, 2013 11:39PM
I switched back to the old link. Thanks. Open to suggestions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login