Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Incoherent Open Source Hardware Releases angry smiley AAAAAARRRGHHH!!!!

Posted by Idolcrasher 
Re: Incoherent Open Source Hardware Releases angry smiley AAAAAARRRGHHH!!!!
April 24, 2013 07:42PM
The GPL is very clear about it, taking a GPL, .scad file editing it as an .scad file and publishing just the .stl is infringment of the license.

If you edit with something else you still have to publish the preffered format. With blender you still *have* to publish the .blend file. Nothing unclear about 'the preferred form of the work for making modifications to it'. It is not a request, it is the license you agreed to.(it is not 'the author's prerogative' in that case) But afaik you dont have to support the original formats, just your preferred one.

@VDX: so why not just ignore them? They could damage your reputation or something?

Edit: someone mentioned 'openhardware github'.. github can go part of the way, at least.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2013 08:48PM by Jasper1984.
VDX
Re: Incoherent Open Source Hardware Releases angry smiley AAAAAARRRGHHH!!!!
April 25, 2013 01:50AM
Jasper1984 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...
> @VDX: so why not just ignore them? They could
> damage your reputation or something?

... my aim wasn't to publish 3D-content, but more 'educational' aspects or theme-related samples.

So when this caused more work than I was willing to invest and even more discussions, then I've simply dropped this eye rolling smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login