Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

what software to use?

Posted by possenier 
what software to use?
February 17, 2013 04:14PM
Due to way to much work and to less time my 3D printing hobby has been on hold for almost a year, but today i plugged it back on,
only to find out that replicatorG 26 gives me a java runtime error and won't start anymore.

anyway i downloaded replicatorG 40 with has the slic3r in it.
i set it up following user richrap (http://richrap.blogspot.be/2012/01/slic3r-is-nicer-part-1-settings-and.html) his settings.
but even though it sliced good (and very fast) it did not want to print anything, and gave a ridicule print time (like 10000 days)

so instead of trying to get that version 26 running again i would like you to advice me some other good software to use.

this is what i have:
prusa 1,5 (it's a 1 that i'm converting to a 2)
sangluinolo 1.3 controller
mendelparts 9 extruder (direct drive thing, works good, but needs a high temprature)
heated bed from mendelparts
don't know my steps/min anymore, but it's proper tuned, and the printer has worked perfect for loads of prints.
it's not nophead print quality, but it's more than enough for what i need.
i use a small XP nettop PC and would like to keep using this for my printer, so i would like software that doesn't need a 21" widescreen to show all the settings.

thanks,
pieter
Re: what software to use?
February 17, 2013 06:58PM
I use sli3r 9.8 and it works fine. Try printing a file from that and see what happens.

-Nick
February 18, 2013 05:06AM
use what you know.

is there a way you could reinstall java 5? this would enable repg 26 to work again.
[www.oracle.com] is the link
February 18, 2013 10:34AM
java.....

hot smiley
February 18, 2013 11:13AM
i can't seem to print direct from slic3r, i tought that was a slice software only.

i've got replicatorG 40 working, using skeinforge 50,
and after not using my printer for like 8 months i got a pretty good result first print.
i'm going to further change it to a full version 2 prusa because there is now way to much wobble on my X-axis.

if someone has a good setup file for slic3r for repG 40, let me know as i would like to try it,
or does everyone just slice it with slic3r 0.98 and then import it in repG?

or if you find other software that works great, let me know...
pieter
February 18, 2013 12:02PM
I'm using a netbook (XP) to print also. (might go standalone SD or the RasPi route)
The netbook runs either ponterface or Repitler-host (depending on which printer)
But I slice (and CAD) on a Mac with Slic3r. (Slicing on the netbook while printing didn't work well for that little machine)
All files are stored on a NAS.
February 19, 2013 06:56AM
repetier host [www.repetier.com]

works great. includes slicer 0.98.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login