Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D Doodle pen

Posted by martinprice2004 
Re: 3D Doodle pen
February 22, 2013 11:13AM
Looks like delivery is in December for folks ordering now. Seems like an inventive sort could wire a bowden to a hotend and a stripped-down firmware (two pots to control temp and feedrate, one push button to do M101/M103, or G01 E0.5 repeatedly) and have one almost overnight.
February 22, 2013 11:34AM
I think a guy could do it with a AT tiny and arduino example code.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
February 22, 2013 11:57AM
Sublime did it with about 10 discrete components: [github.com]
VDX
February 22, 2013 02:58PM
... even easier with a modified hotglue gun - use PLA-sticks and change to a nozzle with smaller bore and a temp-sensor in it, then you can 'print' manually with fine-adjusting the extrusion speed by force winking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
February 23, 2013 03:21PM
Great to see this creating a stir. I wish them well with this.

I was wondering if a design with a bowden extruder base station would be feasible. This way the pen would only need the heater. The pen diameter could then be much smaller.

Maybe an airbrush type design with the filament coming in sideways through the palm of your hand may also be quite good for balance and ease of use.
February 23, 2013 03:24PM
i wish them luck too, i just hope they put a cap on their orders sooner than later, ya its nice to be a giant success but i think they will be close to the deep end so to speak soon, that's why i am not ordering one.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
February 23, 2013 07:28PM
I am waiting for version 2 of this pen that will be commercially available.
Just like the Oculus Rift.
VDX
May 21, 2013 04:45AM
... look here for a more 'proffessional' approach winking smiley -- [vimeo.com]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 22, 2013 03:41AM
So, does anyone bknow what is going on inside? How is the plastic extruded? how does the fan work? I' would think it would be noisey. But they don't have live sound in the video.
October 22, 2013 12:48PM
Here is one that was taken apart, and then mounted on a CNC - 3Doodler teardown
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login