Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

i3 frame

Posted by chris33 
i3 frame
February 20, 2013 01:16PM
Ive seen a couple of different aluminium frames but only find the standard frame on github is there anymore ive seen a few different ones, if anyone can point me in the direction please with few links be much appreciative thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2013 02:01PM by chris33.
Re: i3 frame
February 21, 2013 12:38PM
i think reprapsource.com is your best bet. He gets them direct from prusa so you know there 100%

i got one and quailty is spot on. Beveled edges, tapped holes very nice
February 21, 2013 01:29PM
Hey Enlightx,
Could you comment on the stability of the single plate i3? I am curious how it compares to a prusa v1/2 or a mendel max.
Thanks!
February 21, 2013 02:19PM
Im struggling to find a reasonable price to get a aluminium cut, is it possible to use this material Polycarbonate sheet. As im sure I get it cut at work cheers
February 21, 2013 09:44PM
Also were can I find a engineers drawing of the aluminium frame I can get one milled at work if I have the drawing and dimensions
February 22, 2013 07:25PM
We have done a short run of Aluminium i3 frames laser cut in Spain. We tested waterjet too, but laser was better quality (and cheaper). The downside is that our frames need to be drilled afterward as the laser only marked them on the surface (I guess it was tolerance problem if holes are to be tapped latter).

Some guys have also got Prusa frames from Reprapsource and they were very happy about the finish.
February 23, 2013 05:14AM
i have not finished my alu frame i3 yet but with the Y axis attached it does not wobble or move ! the M10 rods on the Y axis help for a lot fo this .

I do have a wooden box i3 iv been using for the past 2 month and the extruder can bounce quite easy due to it being MDF frame.
February 23, 2013 12:00PM
misan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We have done a short run of Aluminium i3 frames
> laser cut in Spain. We tested waterjet too, but
> laser was better quality (and cheaper). The
> downside is that our frames need to be drilled
> afterward as the laser only marked them on the
> surface (I guess it was tolerance problem if holes
> are to be tapped latter).

How many of the short run you got left

>
> Some guys have also got Prusa frames from
> Reprapsource and they were very happy about the
> finish.
February 23, 2013 01:18PM
Sorry Chris33. All are gone.
March 20, 2013 04:41AM
A new batch is on its way.

Not sure about price or availability, but I will post that as soon as I learn about it.
March 20, 2013 05:12AM
Its ok I got mine sorted ty though
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login