Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa air dimensions

Posted by GITRDUN 
Prusa air dimensions
February 21, 2013 11:18PM
I want to strip one of my Prusa's and build a Prusa air. Where can i find dimensions or a model of the acrylic panels? I can CAD my own if i have to but it would save me a lot of time if it can be downloaded.
Re: Prusa air dimensions
February 22, 2013 03:59AM
Here: [www.thingiverse.com]

But why? It offers no structural benefit over a regular prusa frame, perhaps expect from looking slicker. For increased rigidity, I'd advice salvaging the parts and building a mendel90 instead.

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
February 22, 2013 04:36AM
+1

Or a MendelMax, probably a simpler conversion.
February 22, 2013 06:59AM
[www.youtube.com]
VIDEO ABOVE SEEMS TO SHOW IT PRINTING OK.
February 22, 2013 07:09AM
jamesdanielv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.youtube.com]
> VIDEO ABOVE SEEMS TO SHOW IT PRINTING OK.

True, but it is not exactly a significant upgrade in stiffness. A Mendel90 or MendelMax would be.
February 22, 2013 08:31AM
Thats kinda what i thought by looking at it. It looks significantly less rigid in both X and Y axis but it looks much better than the standard Prusa. I have one sitting on my work bench in my office and id like something that looks a bit more professional rather than a toy i made out of all thread. I will check out the models before deciding.
February 22, 2013 10:20AM
I'm not for or against the model this person has, just he didn't ask, he just wanted to know more about prusa air.
February 22, 2013 11:52AM
Would it help if the panels were cut from alu sheet?

[www.ebay.co.uk]

February 22, 2013 11:24PM
Well i went with the Prusa air V2. I picked up a sheet of 1/4" acrylic and modified the .dxf model to acomidate 1/4" rather than 6mm sheet, then cut it out on a mill. So far it looks like all i need is to print 3 braces and the rest of my Prusa parts should be compatible. I like the looks of the clear acrylic. It looks like this could be made to be more rigid without much effort but by the looks of it i think it will be good as is. I will find out shortly.
February 25, 2013 01:06PM
Printed with the new printer and it runs as good as the typical Prusa. I ran it at 80mm/sec feed and 130mm rapids without any noticable wobble or vibrations. Its a definate step up in the looks department but the X axis needs to be widened out a few inches to be able to use the entire width of the build table.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login