Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D Printers with CE Mark

Posted by nefermu 
3D Printers with CE Mark
February 25, 2013 12:50AM
Are there any personel/dektop 3D printers that have a CE Mark on market ?

Thanks

[www.3byazici.com]
[3dprintertr.com]
Re: 3D Printers with CE Mark
February 26, 2013 09:32AM
There recently was a thread about it. Though more from 'what to do with CE' point of view. One thing I take from it is that kits can't be certified, because they're just sets of parts, and you dont know if they'll be build correctly.
February 26, 2013 09:52AM
Actually, I'm not sure that they "can't"... the point was that kits don't have to be CE marked. And it's important to remember that constituent parts CAN and are often required to be marked, at least for the USA wrt electrical "appliances", which require UL approval and would, I presume require similar CE approval in the EU. I built several kits as a kid that had UL approval markings on self-contained power supplies and heating elements (for instance), and that was way back in the dark ages, when tubes amps were still prevalent, and a phone meant something you literally dialed. fwiw.
February 26, 2013 06:42PM
Well as there is no electricity beyond 12V in a reprap,I think you can get away by labelling the stuff as laboratory equipement which remove the need for CE markings even for pre-built ones. The 12V source need of course to be CE certified.

In the machinery directive, the worst part would be electromagnetic compatibility inspection requirement which is quite a bit costly. So we want to avoid that. Fumes risk is another problem
February 28, 2013 08:46AM
@nefermu: the answer seems to be not that we know.

Maybe some 'commercial' machines do, though, but i dont like the 'capital approach'.
December 15, 2014 09:36AM
As far as we can tell, Cartesio is the only FFF type machine with CE certificate according to 2006/42/CE.
As only the manufacturer of the machine can put a CE certificate on it, DIY kits can not have CE, unless the maker (you) certifies it.
As for lab equipment, this only works if the room the printer is in has a laboratory insurance policy. This costs more per year then a CE certified printer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2014 09:37AM by josmaukcc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login