Help Requested to understand Sprinter Temp Control
February 25, 2013 03:16PM
I would appreciate if someone could help be navigate the setting up of the thermal behavior of a Sprinter based system. I know how to configure for the thermistor lookups (100Kohm Honeywells) for the extruder and the bed.

What I can't figure out is the configuration of the PID settings. I am finding the comments in the Sprinter source code confusing (with warnings indicating that if you screw up, it could be big problems). Also the comments seem to indicate to "uncomment" to invoke PID...but it appears that the command is already uncommented. Is it that (has is too often the case) the comments have not kept up with the code?

I also don't understand the autotune function completely....I take it that under some condition(s) I issue manually an M303 command...and somehow this leads to the firmware coming up with estimates of the PID parameters...are they output via the serial link and then I code them into the firmware and recompile?

Has someone written up a "how to" for setting up the thermals on Sprinter...or is all that is written contained in the comments in the code?

Thanks.
Re: Help Requested to understand Sprinter Temp Control
February 26, 2013 10:58AM
Upon further consideration, I think I will punt Sprinter and try out Marlin and see how that goes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login