Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

lots of questions regarding software and print quality

Posted by tattooedfish 
lots of questions regarding software and print quality
March 09, 2013 09:44PM
Hey guys got my printer working and made a few unsuccessful prints my bed level is good. I am printing on blue painters tape with abs part slightly sticks but not very successfully. I don't want to use kapton tape simply cause I can't aget it locally what methods seem to work best?

I have my printer in my hobby room unfortunately my sbaltwater tank is in this room will non scented nail polish work for abs juice?

What software do.u guys recommend and any tips or.tricks added g code for automation to fix.problems like filament drip or warping by extruding a.lip around the.parts for better strength
Re: lots of questions regarding software and print quality
March 11, 2013 03:22PM
Do you have a heated bed? If not, put the ABS away and get some PLA - you will be much happier.

If you do you could try printing on a piece of glass with a couple of coats of hairspray. Try PET tape - it's cheaper than Kapton or polyimide tape.

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
March 11, 2013 05:37PM
"will non scented nail polish work for abs juice? "

AFAIK, the solvent used in nail polish is acetone, so I give the same advise for its use as for the standard "ABS juice"... when in doubt regarding health, ventilate.

FWIW, I'd think you'd need to dilute the nail polish anyway.
March 11, 2013 06:23PM
nail polish remover does have acetone in it, along with several other additives. Not as good as straight acetone, and does not dissolve some brands of ABS.
March 11, 2013 07:01PM
I do have a heated bed using a mk-1 heat bed. I'm getting my prints to stick much better than I

was before I slowed down my printer a lot and things seem to be more efficient now however I keep getting skips like my nozzle is getting clogged or possibly my extruder gear also seems to be chewing up the plastic some I'm not sure if that's from too much or too little pressure on my Greg's extruder

Also what settings if I'm looking more for quality prints? My layers just are not as smooth looking as the printed parts used for my printer.
March 11, 2013 08:14PM
one thing to remember with 1st layer, always print slower on first layer. always extrude more on first layer. i have used floor acrylic wipe and evaporated from glass of heated be for abs parts to stick.
March 11, 2013 08:52PM
Yah I was using the default setting print speed was at 30 but it just seemed like my hot end couldn't keep up with it at that pace but looking at my extruder gear its got chewed up bits stuck.in the gear is this.normal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login