Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Australia] MakerSlide, local and affordable

Posted by Josh333 
[Australia] MakerSlide, local and affordable
March 12, 2013 12:23AM
Hi guys, this is the brief from my campaign going live wednesday the 12th or thursday the 13th. Surely I am not the only person out there who wants such a great product to be available locally.

If you're not familiar with MakerSlide, check out Barton Drings 3d printer called the ORD Bot, it is open source, simple, precise, good looking and relatively affordable and uses MakerSlide throughout the design

My name is Josh Sinclair, an 18 year old student from Sydney. However, don't let my age put you off, I have been actively following and involved in the 3d printer revolution over the past three or so years. My drive to start this campaign began when I looked into the local costs of MakerSlide. $46 for 1200mm before shipping. That is $46 with no accessories or hardware. I got several quotes, and am hoping to have the die under construction early April, which will lead to orders being shipped out early May. This all of course depends on when and whether or not the funding is reached. After this campaign, MakerSlide will be kept in stock in Sydney readily available along with all accessories.

MakerSlide was designed and first made by the US designer Barton Dring, it was launched on a similar crowd funding website called Kickstarter. This was a huge success seeing Barton Ding raise over 4x the pledged amount. Following this success, MakerSlide has been used in thousands of projects worldwide.

I need the campaign to reach $2800, and as soon as (or if) this is reached production will go ahead

What We Need & What You Get

The funding will 100% go to construction of the die, initial orders will be funded by other sources of finance (personal investment). The perks are as follow:

$1 - A big thank you for supporting the campaign and making it all possible.

$7 - 5cm slice of MakerSlide, i.e - a paperweight

$15 - 2x standard laser cut MakerSlide carriage plates or 2x MakerSlide carriage plate for stepper motor/bearing. Or one of each, please specify. This will be un-anondized laser cut aluminum

$16 - 1 metre length of MakerSlide - Pick up Sydney (Hornsby 2077), multiple buys can be uncut up to 3m

$23 - 1 metre length of MakerSlide - posted Australia wide

$24 - Small accessory set - 8 Delrin V-wheel shells, 24 washers and 4 eccentric spacers posted Australia wide.

$35 - 2 metres (2x 1 metre) of MakerSlide - posted Australia wide

$45 - Large accessory set - 16 Delrin V-wheel shells, 48 washers and 8 eccentric spacers posted Australia wide.

$55 - 2 metres (2x 1 metre) of MakerSlide and a small accessory set - 8 Delrin V-wheel shells, 24 washers and 4 eccentric spacers posted Australia wide.

$65 - 4 metres (4x1 metre) of MakerSlide

$105 - 4 metres (4x1 metre) of MakerSlide and large accessory pack - 16 Delrin V-wheel shells, 48 washers and 8 eccentric spacers posted Australia wide.

$140 - 10 metres (10x1 metre) of MakerSlide - posted Australia wide

$270 - 20 metres (20x1 metre) of MakerSlide - posted Australia wide

Continuous lengths up to 5m are available upon enquiry. Pricing will differ due to shipping costs of longer items. Will add perks to suit your needs.

I believe most people will be interested in either the $55 perk or the $105 perk
Re: [Australia] MakerSlide, local and affordable
March 12, 2013 04:36AM
Campaign is now live smiling smiley [www.indiegogo.com]
March 12, 2013 04:53AM
You might want to consider some 3 rail kits for peeps who want to build deltas.
March 12, 2013 04:58AM
Thanks for the idea Greg, will get onto that
March 12, 2013 05:12AM
DELTA KIT NOW ADDED

$90 - 3 metres (3x1 metre) of MakerSlide as well as a delta accessory set (3x standard laser cut MakerSlide carriages, 12 Delrin V-wheel shells, 36 washers, and 6 eccentric spacers) - posted Australia wide
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login