Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

calibration prints???

Posted by tattooedfish 
calibration prints???
March 12, 2013 06:06PM
I've been sourcing a calibration print that will basically print a fine line or even 5 reference squares of sorts I want to use more than just the center of my print bed and I was thinking this would be a useful way to ensure that the location of the print bed is squared up properly in reference to the firmware of the motor drivers. I'm sure this is something that's been covered before I searched but couldn't find any solid info on calibration of the print bed
Re: calibration prints???
March 12, 2013 06:13PM
Print a big flat square, you only really care about the first perimeter that goes down, if it's not consistent, the bed most likely isn't level.
March 12, 2013 06:24PM
I don't know how to make my own stl files yet I'm still learning but I downloaded open cad but that's as far as I've gotten
March 12, 2013 08:37PM
see attacment for big square 100mmx100mmx1mm

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

Attachments:
open | download - square.stl (1.6 KB)
March 14, 2013 07:38PM
Thank u I got it centered up I'm learning a lot it is really making me work for it lol
March 15, 2013 08:43PM
Google Sketchup is fairly easy to use to create some 3d things. Use it with STL plug in to export to STL file.
March 16, 2013 03:48PM
I installed the ruby stl exporter plugin but for some reason my exported stl files don't work.
March 18, 2013 12:07AM
tattooedfish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I installed the ruby stl exporter plugin but for
> some reason my exported stl files don't work.

I get that as well sometimes. I still haven't figured out why but i have found that if i try it a couple of times it works.
i seem to have the most success when i change the file name rather than accepting the default
March 18, 2013 12:14AM
well once I get back to printing (some parts broke sad smiley .... I wil see if I can get it working
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login