Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

using kislicer

Posted by tattooedfish 
using kislicer
March 13, 2013 04:51PM
Hey guys kislicer is just a stl/gcode handler.with a visual user interface I still have to.use pronterface to handle the code ?
Re: using kislicer
March 13, 2013 05:00PM
Yes or Repitier host or Sender.py or RepSnapper or even a serial terminal.

Edit: Or add SD support on the machine and eliminate communication errors and not need to have the machine connected to a computer at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2013 05:01PM by Sublime.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
March 13, 2013 05:50PM
OK check can anyone tell me why my models show up in the center of the bed on kislicer but once its imported into peonterface it is not even on the board but off to the side sorry for the dumb questions hut I'm still anewb at this stuff
March 13, 2013 06:28PM
It may be the settings under printer in kisslicer are not correct for your machine or it may be pronterface not liking the comments in the file (try turning off comments).

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
March 13, 2013 08:16PM
I think it may be in the printer setup tab. I had to add 100 x 100 offset to x and y to center my prints.
Also either add gcode to home before printing or home each axis in pronterface before each print. Easier to make the add in kisslicer so each file already homes the axis.
March 14, 2013 03:22PM
OK I will try that thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login