Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

no more kapton type , raft , brim

Posted by Elidor 
no more kapton type , raft , brim
March 13, 2013 05:27PM
HI

im using 3 mm mirror for my print bed , i used to have issue sometimes with small parts and very long prints

wrapping and other stuff .

now im cleaing the mirror with chloride or hydrogen peroxide on a paper towel and OMG i can print at 55 deg,.

i can print big parts , small parts and very small parts =) with no wrapping at all and other issues , i had a printing that last like 7 hours......

my last print 200 mm/sec , Bed - 55 , EX 195 , print time 4 hours

NO PROBLEMS AT ALL .

and this is my design for 3d printer .... im calling her Revison

here some photos
[www.facebook.com]

thank you

..... ENJOY and please try it - its working
Re: no more kapton type , raft , brim
March 13, 2013 08:17PM
Abs or PLA?
March 13, 2013 10:12PM
Ok I see a picture of an empty bed. Why even mention 7hrs print without showing detailed images?
March 14, 2013 02:29AM
At those temperatures must be PLA. I just print straight on glass and never clean it other than a quick scrape with a razor blade so sounds about right.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
March 14, 2013 04:06AM
I routinely clean the glass plate with a bit of vinegar, and it makes PLA stick extremely well at 50C.

Every now and then I take it off and clean off fingerprints thoroughly with dish soap in the sink and leave it to dry.

I used to use acetone, but it had the opposite effect and made a thin layer of film which PLA wouldn't adhere to.

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
March 14, 2013 04:41AM
I will try the vinegar thanks - great idea and smells a lot better than acetone. confused smiley

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
March 14, 2013 05:05AM
What mirror?
March 14, 2013 06:21PM
מגניב.
March 15, 2013 04:44AM
Wired1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will try the vinegar thanks - great idea and
> smells a lot better than acetone. confused smiley

I'm one of those irritating "use vinegar for everything"-persons, so I don't mind the smell much any more, but if the bed is hot the vinegar vapour is on the strong side.

From what I understand vinegar removes grease and then evaporate, leaving the glass squeaky clean. When just cleaned the prints adhere too well, and even with the bed cooled completely, they are difficult to remove. So I prefer to only clean it every now and then or before very difficult prints.

I use 7% diluted, clear vinegar.

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
March 16, 2013 02:21PM
For ABS I use "no more kapton type , raft , brim" too. Only 2mm glass at 110C and beer painting (Czech Kozel Light).
That sort of sugar it contains works well.
March 16, 2013 04:32PM
Now that's a regime I could live with - I mean you can't let the rest of the bottle go to waste and it gives you something to watch while you're drinking smiling smiley

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login