Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trying to simulate a robot that prints parts of itself

Posted by abcmeetxyz 
Trying to simulate a robot that prints parts of itself
March 18, 2013 04:28AM
Hi,

For my 3rd year project I've built a simulation where a robot needs to prints parts of itself. I'm currently working on a cuboid matrix of small cubes that get turned on and off depending on when the laser head is (to represent the printing process) . The problem is that I have a number of limited layers 15-20 and I cannot manage to understand how to perform the slicing of my robot and get the right set of instructions or even something remotely the same. While using Slic3r or KissSlicer there are too many settings or specific options built for 3D printers that I don't understand or cannot set properly in order to slice my model in let's say 15 layers.
My model is somewhere around 600mm X 800mm X 800mm. I'd be very grateful to whomever might be able to help me understand how to setup all the settings or just give me tips.

Kind regards.
Re: Trying to simulate a robot that prints parts of itself
March 18, 2013 10:49AM
'Layer Height' would be 53.33mm 800/15 and filament diameter would have to be at least the same, which is almost impossible in the real world of plastic 3d printing, but try it for a screen grab if that's all your after.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2013 10:51AM by hexitex.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login