Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can anyone give me an idea of what is causing this?

Posted by hendo420 
Can anyone give me an idea of what is causing this?
March 18, 2013 10:32PM
100% infill. Could that be the problem? Slowing it down seems to reduce the effect but even at 25mm/s I get this globbyness on angles. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Any ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2013 10:33PM by hendo420.
Re: Can anyone give me an idea of what is causing this?
March 18, 2013 10:50PM
Looks a little too hot, and a little too much extrusion.

If you watch your nozzle tip on the infill passes with these settings, you should be able to see a ridge/wave of material being pushed along by the edge of the nozzle. It will get pushed past the perimeter wall and get deposited on the outside of your print. The burnt bits are getting pulled off the sides of your nozzle by the excess material.
March 18, 2013 11:09PM
I will have to test if lower infil fixes it.

Could it be that my calipers are off? lol

All of my PLA measures 1.6 but I dont have a 2nd pair of digital calipers to check the number. Its set in slic3r as 1.6

As for the "burning" I think that is the crystalized PLA that is under my capton tape flaking off into my print. tongue sticking out smiley
Anonymous User
March 18, 2013 11:16PM
It's most likely 1.75mm.
March 19, 2013 03:05AM
it is possible you have a leak, and that dark stuff is slowly baked pla dripping down the side of the nozzle working its way to the tip. possibly rebuild hot end, find out where or if there is a leak. the squiggly lines likely are from loss of pressure, where it took less pressure to go thru the leak than the nozzle at that point. crystallized pla in spots that you don't want printed on or over a printed area are tell tell signs of a leak.
March 19, 2013 07:16AM
I had a leak, The first PLA I ran through this hot end was black it got in the threads when it leaked. I ran ABS Through it and the leak stoped, but I still have black pla on my threads and it sometimes gets into prints. I have tried to clean it but not having a lot of luck geting it off.
March 19, 2013 09:30AM
have you looked at using ptfe tape in the threads, or borate silicate (exhaust repair glass) in the threads that hold the nozzle in place? i use borate silicate because it seals and bakes in place where ptfe slides out of place eventually.
March 20, 2013 06:30AM
What Dirty Steve said, Unless your extrusion rate is slightly under or perfect 100% infill on PLA will create a build up of plastic that gets pushed along with the nozzle making it's way to the perimeter. It also depends on the PLA, I have some that has to be set to 3.1mm when it is actually only 3mm as it is very dense (bendy pla).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login