Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trouble with Printrun and Gen3 Electronics

Posted by pingiscoolest 
Trouble with Printrun and Gen3 Electronics
March 23, 2013 03:13PM
I have the Gen3 electronics (old I know...my RepRap didn't get much attention for a few year) and am trying to use them with the Printrun host software. I have uploaded the 5D firmware to the Sanguino motherboard, and am able to connect to it with Printrun, but it isn't behaving properly. When I click an arrow to move the axis manually, it will move the correct distance and stop, but if I try to move an axis manually again, the stepper won't turn and the diagnostic LED on the motherboard will stop flashing and remain on constantly. If I reset the motherboard it works again but only for one movement. I have searched the forums and the RepRap wiki, but I can't find anyone else that has had this problem, or any clues as to what it could be. Does anyone have any suggestions about what to try? Thanks
Re: Trouble with Printrun and Gen3 Electronics
March 24, 2013 08:10AM
5D firmware is stone age. It uses F not for the movement speed, but for the spped at the end of the movement. The intention was to pre-calculate acceleration on the host side. Pronterface can't deal with that.

Teacup is about the only modern firmware running on a Gen3 electronics. Some people managed to get an older version of Teacup running on Gen3 recently: [forums.reprap.org] (solutions near the end of the thread). Don't forget to update both, mainboard and extruder controller firmware.

If someone could find out since when (which commit) Teacup stopped working on Gen3 I'd happily fix that. All the code to run a Gen3 is still in there.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login