Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

dual fans to much?

Posted by GITRDUN 
dual fans to much?
March 24, 2013 09:33AM
I am trying to run dual fans for cooling the print while printing and now my hot end will run at exactly 3C lower temp than what it is set at. No matter what temp i set it to it will hold at 3C below the set temp. I am using Sprinter but im not sure what PID settings to adjust to get it to work right.

Also i noticed my prints look like the extrusion width is to small now and the perimeters and infill arent always touching. Do i just need to adjust my extruder to print more material or this a sign that i am over cooling the prints?
Re: dual fans to much?
March 24, 2013 03:48PM
Can you hook them into your printers board? You can set the cooling option in most slicers. Just hook them into the fan header and adjust the cooling settings. It can change the speed of the fans on the fly when you need it.
Re: dual fans to much?
March 24, 2013 04:15PM
You kind of need to think about the temperature of the plastic as it exits the hotend and try and maintain that temperature. If the fans are adding cooling then you need to increase the temperature inside the hotend.

You may also think about reducing the extrusion width to a point at which the filament has time to flow out that far before it cools. Right now you may be trying to print wider than possible with that amount of cooling because the filament cools before it has time to flow out.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login