Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Nozzle-New Ooze

Posted by N314 
New Nozzle-New Ooze
March 25, 2013 04:29PM
I had an incident that clogged my nozzle so I replaced it. Same Diameter, same brand: .25mm Makergear.

But now I am getting horrible ooze problems after an extrusion, way more than ever before.

What could cause this?

-Nick
Re: New Nozzle-New Ooze
March 25, 2013 05:24PM
Did they change their thermistor by any chance? The heater might also have a different resistor or the heat capacity might have changed. Perhaps you need to tune the PID parameters for the extruder if you're using Marlin.
March 25, 2013 08:19PM
Its the same thermistor, but it could theoretically be attached differently... Perhaps I should print cooler.

How does one tune a PID, Ive never done it before.

I also recently noticed my hobbed bolt is bent ~5 Degrees [How'd that happen?], so I don't know if/how that could cause ooze, but its not too important, because i plan to switch to a dual bowden soon.

-Nick
March 26, 2013 09:38PM
Issue command M303 which defaults to tuning at 150 which is probably fine. Or you can do M303 :TEMP to tune to some other temperature in celsius. It'll do a few heating and cooling cycles and spit out some numbers that you can update your configuration.h with.
April 11, 2013 06:06AM
Ok, ive tried a bunch o' different temperatures and im still getting ooze. Ive upped my retract, occasionally added Z lift during retract, but its still oozing bad... And its the EXACT same setup as before I changed the nozzle, and the new nozzle is the same kind with the same opening. What is going on?!?

I attached a picture of my most recent print to show how it looks, This one was slightly cooler than normal, 180 rather than 185. [185 looks similar].

-Nick
Attachments:
open | download - photo (5).JPG (511.7 KB)
April 12, 2013 05:59PM
I do have a part i need to make on a deadline, so I would greatly appreciate any help on this.

-Nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login