Gaps between Infill and perimeters
March 27, 2013 06:37PM
Thought I had this problem solved, it only happens on about 5% of my prints. I am currently trying to print a printrbot base but there are gaps between the infill and perimeters. Only happening on this print and maybe 2 others, all my other prints , atleast 50 different models(I have been Busy smiling smiley ) print fine. Any Ideas? Printing on a Seemecnc H-1 , Using slic3r, and Linux CNC. I would really like to use KISS or CUDA but I just can't get it to work with LinuxCNC yet.
Re: Gaps between Infill and perimeters
March 27, 2013 06:54PM
Hi,

I think I understand what you are describing.
It happened to me when I first set up my printer.
Are your belts tight enough? Are you getting backlash?

James
March 27, 2013 07:08PM
jamesncarter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> I think I understand what you are describing.
> It happened to me when I first set up my printer.
> Are your belts tight enough? Are you getting
> backlash?
>
> James

no backlash, belts are tight enough. Like I said, it only happens on a few models.
March 27, 2013 08:11PM
increase flow rate slightly to nozzle, either in firmware, or in software if using slicer look for flow multiplier. also you can undersize your nozzle slightly, if you have a 0.5 nozzle say it is a 0.48 nozzle. calculation of wall distanced between infill and perminter will be closer together. but odds are if using an advanced slicer such as slic3r, the issue is a miscalcuation in flow rate. perhaps the first inside perimiter is being printed too fast as well. this can stress the extruder, and there may be some slipage going on causing sparce placement of material.

imho, many people can offer advice on this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2013 01:41AM by jamesdanielv.
March 27, 2013 08:27PM
I've had this occasionally too. Check the filament diameter and then tweak the multiplier to get it to join up. Normallyh comes right for me if I just measure it and enter that figure.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
March 27, 2013 08:41PM
thanks I'll try that
March 28, 2013 10:12AM
that helped, now I have the problem of imperfect circles , I'll post pic soon, It is slight but enough to mess up my prints. It is longer in the y-axis and shorter in the x. I am almost 100% sure that me belts are properly tensioned. There is some friction in the y but Since that axis travels farther I would assume that doesn't affect it?
March 28, 2013 10:57AM
I'm going to say backlash....a not so popular answer, but from all the CNC people I know(several old and new school), backlash is impossible to eliminate 100% mechanically. Even the littlest bit can have this effect from my personal experience with my Mendel variant. I'm running .02mm x and y. I can print very accurate gears with backlash compensation, out-of-round without.
March 28, 2013 11:03AM
I have the belt tensioner mod, Should I just tighten them as much as I can without skipping steps?
March 28, 2013 05:13PM
i don't know would need to see a picture to know more.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login