Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VIDEO POSTED! Details about the BerryBot3D

Posted by BerryBot3D 
Re: VIDEO POSTED! Details about the BerryBot3D
June 15, 2014 10:52AM
I've been catching up on the Berrybot, it's a nice piece of work.
Starting on a new delta build based on Makerslide (probably Wolfstock) but I intend to borrow as many of Werners ideas as I can :-)
Perhaps I should CNC my mill as a first step ...
June 16, 2014 06:36PM
lacisz
My silicone platen heater has arrived from China... these guys can make anything! The heater is 2mm thick, 350mm diameter, 230V/340 Watts, costed 51,50$ inclusive DHL shippment! Should make 140°C easily. I will see how long it will survive, but the quality looks pretty good.

Hi, your design looks remarkably close to Werner's. Any idea on the dimensions - of the carriage and the effector. Correct me if i say that their arms have been bent at 45 degrees. I plan to make one for myself. I have got the makerslide. Have made a base for myself. I was experimenting with printed effectors but I really want to make one out of aluminium.
June 20, 2014 11:05AM
rocky_reprap
lacisz
My silicone platen heater has arrived from China... these guys can make anything! The heater is 2mm thick, 350mm diameter, 230V/340 Watts, costed 51,50$ inclusive DHL shippment! Should make 140°C easily. I will see how long it will survive, but the quality looks pretty good.

Hi, your design looks remarkably close to Werner's. Any idea on the dimensions - of the carriage and the effector. Correct me if i say that their arms have been bent at 45 degrees. I plan to make one for myself. I have got the makerslide. Have made a base for myself. I was experimenting with printed effectors but I really want to make one out of aluminium.

My angle is about 39°. First I tried to design the correct arm length to reach the biggest possible radius when moving around the platen. Then I was trying to get the best rod alignment when the head plate is in the middle, this gives you the angle of the bends. I wanted the biggest possible area on the magnets for moving the joints for each direction.
August 07, 2014 01:07AM
A different and probably simple way to get a large heating plate is to use this solution:

I did it a couple of years ago for another work not a 3D printer.

The heating wire is inside a mill in a 6 mm 50x50cm alluminium plate. It is feed with 220 volts and reached over 100 ° C.
The thermocouple, the white wire in the image, is inside a hole close to the upper side of plate.

Of course you need a cnc mill to make it because it is important that the heating wire is inside a mill to dissipate heat, if you simply glue it it will have a low eficiency, will overheat and burn,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2014 01:09AM by lucamax.
October 05, 2014 04:35PM
Awesome build ....

Is this open source by an chance ?? are there any source files, designs, git for this amazing machine ...

thanks in advance

chX
February 24, 2015 11:39AM
I also got inspired by Werner's builds.

Amazing what you create.

Since I am interested in cloning your BerryBot, are there any dimensions available?

Thanks.
February 24, 2015 11:39AM
I also got inspired by Werner's builds.

Amazing what you create.

Since I am interested in cloning your BerryBot, are there any dimensions available?

Thanks.
February 25, 2015 02:44PM
Well it is just a prototype with issues. The base is too big and the effector arms too short. I cant use the whole table radius because of it. If I move the head close to the max radius, one arm is too stretched and I loose precision. Instead of 360mm diameter I can use only 280mm dia with good precision. However it is still a lot of room to print. I will try to use smaller pulleys or go for 1/32 microstepping.
I am not satisfied with the bowden so I have placed the extruder directly on the effector, making much better prints. I have a bulldog xl which is very heavy, but the magnets can still hold the 609 grams effector! Now I work on a new extruder using geared nema11 stepper, something similar to the latest Werners extruder.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login