Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adding WiFi support to Marlin with RAMP1.4

Posted by pfinucan 
Re: Adding WiFi support to Marlin with RAMP1.4
August 02, 2013 04:34AM
Hi misan,

Does your Marlin accept two Serial ports? Is there any modification to do?

jamesdanielv gives me a new marlin which accept two serial ports at same time!! Before changing my marlin, I want to know if there is modification to do to work with two serial ports, not espetially at the same timen but separately!!
August 02, 2013 05:22AM
If you just go to Marlin.h and change
#define MYSERIAL Serial

to

#define MYSERIAL Serial2

it will route serial comms to that other port
but Marlin codes its own serial handling routines.

I do not know what you need to have two serial ports working at once in Marlin but I reckon one touch-sensitive LCD panel was using a serial port and working with Marlin with a modified firmware, I would look for that.
August 02, 2013 05:45AM
Think you misan,

But don't want to change the MarlinSerial!! I want to let to communicate with my PC with USB. But I want to add an RFID module wich needs Serial Port, for that I need to add another one for it!!
I can add either SoftwareSerial or HardwareSerial!! As you said, I preferred HardwareSerial, it is much easier!! For that, I connect the RX2 and TX2 of Serial2 to my RFID module, and it works fine without Marlin!!

If I add Marlin, it said Serial2 was not declared in the scope!!
I want to let Myserial as a main serial "communication between host and Arduino mega 2560 with ramps 1.4", and another serial as secondary for communication with my RFID module!!

Please help!!
August 02, 2013 01:22PM
Hi misan,

Did you add a second serial port with MySERIAL of Marlin!! "MySerial is the main one and the another serial port is secondary"!!
August 05, 2013 07:00AM
I found new firmware which accepts two serial ports, it works very good!! You need to put your second device in port 2.

Good luck.
Attachments:
open | download - terawattindustries-erikzalm-marlin-mendelmax-sfwantai-8e247a401f5d.zip (318.3 KB)
September 18, 2013 07:45AM
Hi pfinucan!
so how's your work? did it work fine?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login