> I just don't get the whole calling them a scam and
> fraud? Sure they were using renders and have been
> having issues, but doesn't every company have
> issues and use renders?
>
> I see there was a lot of issues over them using
> the eiffel tower, but then again, if you actually
> look at Form 1 website, all there pictures are
> renders, yet they got a shit ton in funding?
> Microsoft uses renders, apple does, most any place
> does?

Um, so the defense is, they are dishonest with poor service, but so is everyone else? Everyone else got a load of money, so where's our piece of the cake?

There's a great saying, when you are in a hole, stop digging!

If it is fair for companies to take such an unethical approach, then it is certainly advisable for potential customers/investors to do due diligence to find out what sort of company they are dealing with.
Re: Awesome new 3D Printer - J-Rev
April 06, 2013 10:52PM
No I ain't making an excuse for japica, microsoft, form 1 or anyone. I am just wondering why everyone took it so hard on japica for rendering when every single company renders?

Waylon T
LOVE THE NEW TESLA MODEL S
April 06, 2013 10:59PM
Tesla3D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [oi46.tinypic.com]
>
> Here's a quick Demo I mocked up. Cleary their
> printer could not print this, its too tall... hmm
>
> Here's a link to a higher res photo. doesn't look
> right when I post it on here (Pics don't resize?)
>

Hint for astroturfers : don't post pics of your work computer desktop winking smiley

Wasn't Cassandra the name of one of the "little cousins"? And you have a casandra.jpg tab... amazing coincidence.
April 06, 2013 11:01PM
I tell you what. I am going to boycot Apple and stop trusting them because ever photo they have is a render.. Yep, sounds like good advice from you guys. Glad I learned something new today. If a company renders, they are doing it to scam you.

(I am sure company's render to keep their products image uniform, not to scam you)

Waylon T
April 06, 2013 11:07PM
Lol. Not sure what his cousins names are, but I do have 6 sisters. One just so happens to be Cassandra?

Waylon T
April 06, 2013 11:09PM
What are you even talking about Telsa3D no one ever said a render was a reason. There was about 20 reasons for staying away from japica. I never base a companies worth on one part. I take all the info an make an educated decision about the company and its products. Its not worth my time to list all the negatives found within japica.

--------------| For Everything |--------------------------
Check it out here:
[reprapsquad.wordpress.com].
---------| For Everything Prototype Related |------
Now featuring comp case mods:
[RepRapLab.wordpress.com]

--------------| Find us at Twitter|------------------------
@REPRAPSQUAD (RS Main)
[mobile.twitter.com]
@REPRAPSQUADHQ (ProtoLab)
[mobile.twitter.com]
April 06, 2013 11:15PM
Tesla3D Wrote:
> No I ain't making an excuse for japica, microsoft,
> form 1 or anyone. I am just wondering why everyone
> took it so hard on japica for rendering when every
> single company renders?

Yeah, you just don't get it, and probably never will ! You're from the "everyone else is doing it, why shouldn't I?" school.

BTW, your bad spelling is like a fingerprint. I guess with your kickstarter canceled, you are at a loss for things to do. smiling smiley

While you are here, maybe you can explain why the kickstarter write up was illustrated with a picture of a guy falling off a roof? I couldn't figure out the relevance. An allegory perhaps?
April 06, 2013 11:22PM
AS I look through these posts, it seems all the people were having issues with their renders? It sads to see people ridicule a good company, that may have had a few issues with past customers.

(My bet is that every single company in the world doesn't have a perfect track record either). There are always customers that like to complain. I learned in a customer relations class once... You will always here bad comments from customers who feel they did not receive good service, but you will most likely rarely hear good compliments from people that have received great good service. I guess it don't matter now. According to their website, they are closing down.

Gonna need a new supplier for plastic and parts..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2013 11:23PM by Tesla3D.

Waylon T
April 06, 2013 11:26PM
@Bobc - I am not trying to say "If everyone else does it, why can't they". I am just trying to get a straight answer from you. Why do you buy from companies like Apple, Microsoft, Walmart or any place? They all render, they all must be bad?!?

Waylon T
April 06, 2013 11:29PM
Tesla3D Wrote:
> Lol. Not sure what his cousins names are, but I do
> have 6 sisters. One just so happens to be
> Cassandra?

Lol, you are terrible at this. I didn't mention any "he", I just said "the little cousins", they could have been anyone's. Yet you knew exactly who I was referring to.
April 06, 2013 11:35PM
Really dude, your like a sweating criminal in the middle of a courtroom. All you are doing is dogging the question.

I know exactly who you are talking about because you said "Cassandra the name of one of the "little cousins"..
The only person that seems to have talked about his cousins was the owner of Japica. DUH?

answer the damn question before I fall asleep.

Waylon T
April 06, 2013 11:40PM
Tesla3D Wrote:
> @Bobc - I am not trying to say "If everyone else
> does it, why can't they". I am just trying to get
> a straight answer from you. Why do you buy from
> companies like Apple, Microsoft, Walmart or any
> place? They all render, they all must be bad?!?

For the record, I don't buy from any of those companies. winking smiley

You seem to be very hung up on the rendering thing. It's not the render per se, it's the way you guys used it to create a fake timelapse video. And then tried to lie about it.
April 06, 2013 11:48PM
Really, where do you buy food and useless cheap stuff? but ok.

I have read this forum again, because I doubt that japica would straight up lie about adding renderings, who would they are clearly renderings.

Here is what they said on their first post

"That's why we put up the videos and photos that are on the Kickstarter right now, most of it is rendered to show what it is capable of. Just an FYI, the Eiffel tower is not from this Form1, it doesn't even look like it, if you would put on some glasses. Its actually a rendering"

Doesn't look like they lied? The clearly said they were renderings... ?

Waylon T
April 06, 2013 11:57PM
Also, I am pretty sure it said "DEMO OF HOW THE J-REV PRINTS" under their time laspe, but can't verify that. (Their project is gone obviously)

From that, I would assume it is just a demo on how it would actually print and not actual footage? The problem with people these days is that they assume right away, without actually knowing the truth.

You kept saying to verify info and companies before you buy, yet you have yet to get the facts straight.. trying to make up your owns facts to fit your own profile of Japica.

Waylon T
April 07, 2013 12:05AM
No the problem with people today is embodied within you. You are the problem. The way you act and the way you talk. I'm done here this is a complete waste of time and our intelligence. I would rather spend my time on something that will help reprap and not waste it on this trash.

Check it out here:

@REPRAPSQUAD (RS Main)
[mobile.twitter.com]
[mobile.twitter.com]
April 07, 2013 12:09AM
Tesla3D Wrote:
> Really dude, your like a sweating criminal in the
> middle of a courtroom. All you are doing is
> dogging the question.

Whoa, are you calling me a lawyer??

> I know exactly who you are talking about because
> you said "Cassandra the name of one of the "little
> cousins"..
> The only person that seems to have talked about
> his cousins was the owner of Japica. DUH?

You know as well as I do that Japica is named after Jasper, Piper and Cassandra, yet you pretended not to know.

See, I think the problem with the Kickstarter is that it was so full of these "mistruths" that it raised everyone's suspicion. Seems the suspicion was justified.
April 07, 2013 12:15AM
Tesla3D Wrote:
> You kept saying to verify info and companies
> before you buy, yet you have yet to get the facts
> straight.. trying to make up your owns facts to
> fit your own profile of Japica.

It's obvious you are someone associated with Japica. If you continue to pretend not to be, people are going to think you need psychiatric help.
April 07, 2013 12:23AM
Really, I see nothing wrong with the way I talk and act. Just trying to help the truth surface. I hate to say it, but repraps are doomed if this is how the community responds to innovation. No wonder why Makerbot is not longer opensource. It's because if they still were, their machines would still be crap, look like crap, and be owned by crap. I look at every single reprap, and what to I see. THEY SAME DAMN THING, OVER AND OVER AND OVER!?? Can nobody be innovated and actually make something new? Then again, its not just repraps, its car companies, computer company's, apple and all.. Every time something new comes out, it looks the same and works the same way as older models, or other company models. I wish someone could break the curse and actually invent something that looks and works differently. (That's why I love tesla cars.. O ya!)

O wait, ya... JAPICA actually came out with something new that operated better, looked different, and make repraps look cool. And what to people do. they mock it and shut it down.. ha ha ha ha, this is why the world is doomed. Innovation is being killed. I mean shit, we still run cars on gas, polluting the earth till we die.

@Reprap Squad - your rude but I like your plan. I am done with this forum. Only one thing tho, there is nothing you nor I, nor Japica could do to help the reprap community. Your all stuck in this rut (Use crappy printers, don't let anyone design otherwise) BOOM. Fuck reprap. Nothing can obviously get better than what there is right now.

Waylon T
April 07, 2013 01:35AM
this is ridiculous.....

Japica didn't come out with anything feasable............and a telescoping z-axis, even if it was mechanically possible, would certainly not change the world or the game. Even if the thing actually could print, even if you did have 'computer problems', you would have to be an idiot to Kickstart a 'functioning' product without actual footage. I personally would never buy a printer designed by anyone that can't manage Windows.

Oh, and my ugly piece of crap Mendel would smoke the quality that printer could ever hope to print......but then again, it would actually have to be able to print....

We didn't shut them down, we called them out. And it's not like they had a sparkling reputation anyway.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2013 02:01AM by Dirty Steve.
April 07, 2013 02:33AM
Tesla3D Wrote:
> ...
> I hate to say it, but repraps are doomed if this is how the community responds to innovation.
> ...
> Your all stuck in this rut (Use crappy printers, don't let anyone design otherwise) BOOM. Fuck reprap.

All this, after just one day, from someone trying to get some free advertising on this forum. I call troll.
REPRAP SQUAD don't worry about anybody having lost their money. Kickstarter refunds if a project is cancelled. I got my $1 back.
April 07, 2013 04:31AM
Looks like he just canceled it on Kickstarter.
April 07, 2013 10:21AM
Tesla3D certainly seems WAY too invested in a low quality shoddy failed business, and a printer that ISN'T a revolution or even works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2013 10:24AM by Dirty Steve.
April 07, 2013 10:25AM
Tesla3D Wrote:
> Really, I see nothing wrong with the way I talk
> and act. Just trying to help the truth surface. I
> hate to say it, but repraps are doomed if this is
> how the community responds to innovation. No
> wonder why Makerbot is not longer opensource. It's
> because if they still were, their machines would
> still be crap, look like crap, and be owned by
> crap. I look at every single reprap, and what to I
> see. THEY SAME DAMN THING, OVER AND OVER AND
> OVER!?? Can nobody be innovated and actually make
> something new? Then again, its not just repraps,
> its car companies, computer company's, apple and
> all.. Every time something new comes out, it looks
> the same and works the same way as older models,
> or other company models. I wish someone could
> break the curse and actually invent something that
> looks and works differently. (That's why I love
> tesla cars.. O ya!)

Your writing style is a dead giveaway. You are Ben McDaniel, and I claim my five pounds smiling smiley

It's not Reprap that killed your project. Web communities work both ways - work the right way and it can help your business. Work the wrong way, and you'll get exposed. Bad service gets outs really quickly. You have to approach it with transparency and honesty, bluster and denial make things look worse.

Like it or not, the new web environment for business favors people who are technical innovators and great communicators. Not everyone can do both well, but you should be able to form a team with the right mix of skills. QU-BD are an example of that, so it can be done.
April 07, 2013 10:31AM
Thanks for letting me know people got refunded. I'm more worried about that then what this guy is ranting about. If it wasn't for the reprap community repraps definitely wouldn't be a far as they are today. Everyday someone is pushing the limits of RepRap innovation and we as a community embrace it. We also help them take it to the next level. This guy is a quack and I think he does need help. I'm confused on why he's even on here because if everything we do is crap then why has he made an account so he can go on here. I usually don't dedicate my time going on peoples websites that have a bunch of useless stuff, so why is he? He also goes on about saying that Japica made something that was soo innovative, yet the only money Japica has ever made is off of our and other open source designs. Wow that must mean people love paying for crap but not innovate designs like Japicas. He proves time and time again that money being made is by stuff we created or helped create and yet he calls it crap. I think he may be bipolar or split personality.

Any who I must say that I love RepRap's and I cherish your designs. I have and always will help you with your ideas and designs regardless of how odd they may be. As long as you are always honest and treat me with respect as I would you. Its an un-said basic code of conduct. We do it everyday and for a guy like this to come in and act like we don't is just junk. Happy Building my friends!!

Check it out here:

@REPRAPSQUAD (RS Main)
[mobile.twitter.com]
[mobile.twitter.com]
April 07, 2013 11:34AM
Just a note japica is a name already out there, which isn't related too the so called printers so claiming it was made from his cousins initials is a false claim japica ( Japan Pilates Coach Association ) also theres a place in Slovenia too list goes on lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2013 11:41AM by chris33.
April 07, 2013 12:46PM
chris33 Wrote:
> Just a note japica is a name already out there,
> which isn't related too the so called printers so
> claiming it was made from his cousins initials is
> a false claim japica ( Japan Pilates Coach
> Association ) also theres a place in Slovenia too
> list goes on lol

The fact that the name already exists doesn't mean he didn't make it up from the names of his family...
The kickstarter has been taken down, people made their point, stop kicking when the man is already down, especially with that kind of nonsense.
April 07, 2013 04:06PM
Banjer Wrote:
> chris33 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Just a note japica is a name already out there,
> > which isn't related too the so called printers
> so
> > claiming it was made from his cousins initials
> is
> > a false claim japica ( Japan Pilates Coach
> > Association ) also theres a place in Slovenia
> too
> > list goes on lol
>
>
> The fact that the name already exists doesn't mean
> he didn't make it up from the names of his
> family...
> The kickstarter has been taken down, people made
> their point, stop kicking when the man is already
> down, especially with that kind of nonsense.

Im not kicking no one down just stating a fact ok
April 07, 2013 04:18PM
Its about safeguarding the community, from such incidents as this one, and protecting real developers getting there kickstart projects off, because when you get too many of these incidents you will find kickstarter will probably scrutinize everybody projects and turn them down making it harder to get one off the ground, I personally wouldn't of gone down their approch I would devolped the machine first not the concept but hey thats my opinion each too there own
April 07, 2013 04:27PM
Just a lil side note I was browsing through the printrbot forum as I always do and I noticed several posts by members that were unhappy and got screwed over by japica. So I guess its been happening a lot over the last few years. On a good note I have heard that they offer good filament but some delays on arrival. All in all I can say this one should be done with. We know who japica is as a company and to stay away. We have cautioned the community on funding and buying. Now let's get back to focusing on the real stuff like reprap development and integration. RIP japica-you had good filaments.

Check it out here:

@REPRAPSQUAD (RS Main)
[mobile.twitter.com]
[mobile.twitter.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login