Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

fill not going to perimiter

Posted by rogerw 
fill not going to perimiter
April 11, 2013 07:48AM
hello all, I am printing with two perimeters and then solid fill
on one end of the fill line it will touch the perimeter line nicely .
on the other it is slightly short leaving a gap.
this means the the perim easily peels off when I have finished my part.
could somebody please help
regards roger.

Prusa 'Explorer' (3dStuffMaker), GEN6, J-head Mk III-B, Bowden Extruder, Marlin 1.0.0 RC2, Repitier-Host V0.84 and Slic3r 0.9.8, PLA. Live at Victoria, Australia.
Re: fill not going to perimiter
April 11, 2013 11:05AM
decrease nozzle size used in slicer to reduce perimeter wall width, or increase flow in 2-5% increments. experiment and calibrate.
April 11, 2013 05:52PM
Check your belts are tight, it could be backlash.
April 11, 2013 06:55PM
Make sure your calibrated to your filament in your slicing program. Measure filament in several places and enter into your slicing program.
This solved part of my same problem along with a backlash issue in one direction.
April 15, 2013 08:16PM
hi all,
will try to increase the flow rate first I think (fixing backlash sounds a bit scarier)
on repitier I have a feedrate and a flow rate multiplier - do I set one or both or ???
thanks,
roger.

Prusa 'Explorer' (3dStuffMaker), GEN6, J-head Mk III-B, Bowden Extruder, Marlin 1.0.0 RC2, Repitier-Host V0.84 and Slic3r 0.9.8, PLA. Live at Victoria, Australia.
April 15, 2013 08:32PM
flow rate multiplier. This increases or decreases extruded material.

feedrate multiplier makes the printer run quicker, but flow stays relative to the speed.

you want to change flow rate. also i think you will want to look at settings in slic3r not repetier gui.
April 15, 2013 08:47PM
thanks james, have extrusion multiplier in slicer - will try that. roger

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login