Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't Decide on which 3d Printer

Posted by TheBoilingDumpling 
Can't Decide on which 3d Printer
April 12, 2013 07:49PM
I know there's a lot of topics of this subject but I need my own answer, like for my self grinning smiley So here's my question, I can't decide on which 3d printer.

I was looking into the Portabee (www.portabee3dprinter dot com), the Printrbot LC (ww.printrbot.com/shop/printrbot-lc dot com) and the Prusa i3 (www.makerfarm dot com/index.php/review/product/list/id/200/).

I'm looking for like a simple 3d printer, but with good printing quality. If anybody has a suggestion on any other 3d printer, thanks!
Re: Can't Decide on which 3d Printer
April 13, 2013 03:41AM
i am currently building a portabee and at the same time looking at other designs.

after building this one, i'm planning on building a prusa i3 since i believe the frame is more stable when built.

as for printrbot, i read somewhere that portabee is an newer (or improved) version of of the former.

short answer, go build the prusa i3 winking smiley
April 13, 2013 04:01AM
I can definitely recommend the Mendel(0 by Nophead: [marcos.scriven.org]
April 13, 2013 04:23AM
I second the mendel90 from nophead, great printer, great service and communication. Not a single issue through the whole transaction. Would recommend to anyone and everyone.
The kit comes with a great set of step by step instructions and doesn't need any tools people like us wouldn't have. I'm over the moon with mine.
April 13, 2013 05:19AM
So far, I've been lookiing into the Mendel90. How hard is it to build? Does anybody know a cheap kit on a website? Would you recommend it for a 1st 3d printer?
Thanks,
TheBoilingDumpling
April 13, 2013 05:27AM
Also, has any body built a Prusa i3? If so, is it good for a 1st 3d printer?
Thanks,
TheBoilingDumpling
April 13, 2013 05:44AM
Mendel90 can be ordered from here: [forums.reprap.org]
April 13, 2013 06:29AM
+1 on the mendel90
April 13, 2013 11:23AM
Does anybody know if Maker Farm is reliable? It might be a stupid question, but I just want to know.
Anonymous User
April 13, 2013 12:26PM
+1 Mendel90 @nophead

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2013 12:26PM by Repper.
April 14, 2013 10:25PM
TheBoilingDumpling Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anybody know if Maker Farm is reliable? It
> might be a stupid question, but I just want to
> know.

Yes. I've purchased Filament, electronics, extruder, J-head, etc from them. Fast shipping and prompt communiation.

Thingiverse ID Alan1279
April 15, 2013 12:49AM
Does anybody know where I can purchase a Pursa Mendel i2 full kit?
April 16, 2013 09:36AM
+1 Mendel90

Build time was 9hrs plus a couple of hours until trying first print. Simple to build and good instructions. Highly recommended!
I've done lots of research, for the money, seemecnc.com rostock max
most accurate, simple design, best hot end, best extruder, best hot bed, best electronics - rambo, filament spool holder included, all made on cnc machines & glass reinforced plastic injection molded parts & laser cut parts. support is through the roof. They have a live shop cam to see them work. I had a tour of the place last week, awesome.
April 18, 2013 12:31PM
I am new to 3d printing. Just built a Prusa i3 with laser cut frame from twelvepro. Printer was easy to build and is solid. 1st print I did was 20mm cube and was pretty much on the money when checked with digital caliper. I purchased heat bed and j-head from maker farm and no problems with them here. That's my 2 cents.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login