Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Resistor question

Posted by Rooski 
Resistor question
April 16, 2013 12:00PM
so my 6.8ohm 5watt resistor burnt out on my heater and i was looking for alternatives while i wait for the replacement to get here (probs a week :#) and i found a few 10ohm 1watt resistors and was wondering if id be able to hook them up somehow so they wont blow but still generate enough heat. they are metal oxide btw
Re: Resistor question
April 16, 2013 12:10PM
1watt metal oxide 10 ohm. burned up in 45 seconds for me.. better off getting more resistors. or going with cartridge heater. if you are in the usa you can find the resistors from digikey. [www.digikey.com]〈=en&site=us&KeyWords=RWM0410 will give you a link to resistor values to choose from. these are high temp resistors. i think rated for 3watts, but 5.50mm in diameter.
April 16, 2013 12:18PM
thanks for the reply, i have already ordered new high temp resistors to replace the one that came with the hotend. i was just wondering if there was a way i could use the resistors i have onhand :\

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 12:19PM by Rooski.
April 16, 2013 02:35PM
hooked 2 of them up in parallel and kapton taped them to the sides with some high temp thermal paste and did have to babysit the warmup to 180C but now they are stable and running without any modifications at 182C grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login