Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It's all wrong in slic3r.

Posted by danlad1631 
Re: It's all wrong in slic3r.
April 20, 2013 04:22AM
Silly question, how do you save it as an STL file? It doesn't give me that option. Thanks
April 20, 2013 04:38AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2013 04:40AM by waitaki.
April 20, 2013 04:43AM
Export part from SolidWorks as .stl file. Open NetFabb basic, repair/move/rotate/scale part as required (there are plenty of guides how to use the features of NetFabb on the internet/youtube, eg [3daddfab.com] - search for your specific need)

Select part, go to 'Part' menu, 'Export part', 'As STL' (this option save is as a binary STL, which are smaller, but some programs can't open them) or 'As STL (ASCII)' (plain text stl).
April 24, 2013 05:57AM
Thanks for the help on this people, I've got it printing really nice now.

Thanks
April 24, 2013 07:41AM
In solid works you would have to change the plane that the first sketch was drawn on, but it may 'break' folowing steps. Much easier to change with netfabb, or I use repetier host to drive my printer, it can rotate stl before slicing.

Thingiverse ID Alan1279
April 24, 2013 12:41PM
I found the faberdashery filament printed great on just an acetone cleaned glass bed but other pla we bought just wouldn't stick until I sprayed the bed with hair spray and everything sticks great.

Ben
April 24, 2013 09:01PM
In slicer there is '--support-material-enforce-layers' which produces support layers initially, those can help with getting enough surface area a bit.

(since it seems solved, ftr If it is extruding too much it could also be M92, the firmware settings regarding how much is fed per rotation)
April 25, 2013 05:23AM
It seems to be printing nice now but not so well with 0.1 layer height. I seem to be getting blobs on the print, the first 5 layers seem really nice but then it starts going wrong. If I print at 0.3 the print is fine apart from the corners, they don't look as neat.

Any thoughts on how to improve corners?

Can anyone suggest a good place to buy filament in the UK? The last one I had came from Emaker.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login