Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Endstop problems

Posted by frostfire1337 
Endstop problems
April 23, 2013 07:01PM
So I got my prusa mendel finally constructed and I got everything working (mostly) The xyz motors work the extruder motor works the hotbed turns on, and the hot end burnt my finger. smiling smiley I cried tears of painful joy when it did. The one exception to my success is the endstops. The endstops in question are mechanical, they look like this: [www.nextdayreprap.co.uk]
The board I am using is ramps1.4 with polulu shields over an arduino mega.

The problem is that when any of the endstops are pressed, the board shuts down and resets. The com3 port on my computer disappears and I can't reconnect to the board without depowering it, unplugging it from the usb to serial line and replugging it in. However, even in this state, when the endstops are pressed it triggers the badeep sound that the computer makes when recognizing new hardware, so I think but I am not sure, that this is a software problem. Please can I have help? I will send my first nice print to whoever gives the answer to this problem. smiling smiley
Re: Endstop problems
April 23, 2013 07:26PM
Where/how are the endstops connected?
April 23, 2013 07:31PM
The endstops are connected to the standard pins of where they are supposed t be accrding to this pic I attached
Attachments:
open | download - 500px-Rampswire14.svg.png (93 KB)
April 23, 2013 07:40PM
Can you post a pic of your actual connections?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2013 07:40PM by waitaki.
April 24, 2013 01:45PM
Sounds a lot like you've plugged them in so that they short 5V to ground when pressed. I suspect you want to connect the wires between another pair of two pins out of the rows of three. If you are shorting out 5v to ground, it'll put a lot of stress on the voltage regulator, so don't leave it plugged in longer than you have to while experimenting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login