Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The material of 3d printing

Posted by Alinashen 
The material of 3d printing
April 25, 2013 09:13PM
Hello Guys:

Many people have talked about the material of 3d filament,which filament do you prefer,ABS or PLA?anyone know how to overcome the faults of ABS when printing?welcome to talk about.

Alina
Re: The material of 3d printing
April 25, 2013 09:38PM
I prefer ABS, because it is easier to finish afterwards. It's also a bit better for bridging, since, in my experience, PLA tends to be too runny to get goo bridging. With ABS I can bridge nearly 2 inches without a fan, easy.

The only fault of ABS (that I can think of) is it's .005% warp, which can be controlled with a heated build plate. If you design your parts with the warpage in mind, then it's no problem at all.
April 25, 2013 09:52PM
Hi:

Thank you,i prefer PLA,in my experience,the smell of ABS is too pungent,besides that the PLA strength, high stiffness, and suitable for DIY players used to make Mendel components,high adhesion between layer and layer.smileys with beer
April 25, 2013 10:47PM
I prefer pla feedstock, but smaller parts are better in abs, as they don't break easy. Abs has more give to it. Larger parts over 20mm in size have better shape in PLA, and pla prints thinner, smells a lot less.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login