Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What do you print (ABS) on?

Posted by flying freak 
Re: What do you print (ABS) on?
January 09, 2014 06:04PM
I need to try out some of the suggestions mentioned on here for myself in due course but so far what has worked for me is:-

6mm thick glass covered with Kapton tape applied in 2" strips (it is cheaper). I use window cleaner spray as mentioned previously. Kapton tape smoothed out with a credit card (visa or mastercard OK).

Bed heated to 110 deg C and ABS juice painted on at 110 with small paintbrush. The juice instantly dries on.
Usually one coat sufficient but for wide objects that can lift, use two or more coats.

Get the first layer really squashed down on the bed at the start by adjusting the Z couplings by hand (I have an Ord Bot). It is easy to do visually.

Only downside is it can stick too well but you can't have it both ways. Letting the bed cool down makes it easier to remove.
January 10, 2014 05:33AM
Beer + 2mm glass is absolutly perfect and ecologoical. No need alcohole cleaning. Hot water cleaning after several prints is enough.
If your part is warping it means you bed is under 110C really.
January 10, 2014 09:27AM
PEI sheet clamped to aluminum bed set at 100C. Parts pop off when cooled. Nothing to clean or replace.
January 10, 2014 02:26PM
ABS Juice on ~5mm glass mirror.
Mirror gets a fresh coat of ABS juice for every print (unless there was just enough ABS juice left where a quick wipe of the juice would freshen it up just nicely).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2014 02:27PM by MrBaz.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login