Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Experiences Gadgets 3D Ebay Shop Ramps Ultra Kit?

Posted by Ohmarinus 
Experiences Gadgets 3D Ebay Shop Ramps Ultra Kit?
April 29, 2013 04:06PM
Hi guys, I am having lots of trouble with my current setup and I am secretly thinking of wanting to build the machine up again with completely new electronics.

This is the set I have my eye on:
[www.ebay.nl]

Can anyone tell me if this is a solid choice?
I have also found their website where they sell a similar kit, it's here:
[gadgets3d.com]

Except that kit doesn't have the Budda hot-end, and no T2 belts and pulleys.

Does anyone else have this set, and can anyone confirm to me that the Ebay seller is the same seller as the Gadgets 3D webshop?
Since the kit on Ebay has more to offer and comes around the same price as the kit on the webshop + budda hotend, I think I'll buy it off of Ebay instead, I just need that one extra positive reaction about the kit from someone here who has bought it. The webshop just has too many positive reviews to take it seriously (Seriously? If a webshop -only- has positive reviews, it's either freakieshly good, or it's fake).

I am planning of designing and building my own 3D-printer in the summer holidays, so it's not a waste of money to simply buy a whole new electronics kit winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2013 04:07PM by Ohmarinus.
Re: Experiences Gadgets 3D Ebay Shop Ramps Ultra Kit?
April 29, 2013 05:26PM
Hello Ohmarinus,

FABSTER3D on ebay is the same GADGETS3D! (not the same person, but same items) you can go ahead and buy from him - great guy.

I didnt get his ultimate kit, but i bought from him before, very good quality.. you have nothing to worry about
April 29, 2013 05:28PM
Okay, I will buy the kit from Ebay, since it has more content and is a little bit cheaper.
Thanks for your reply, I guess it's just true what they say about these items smiling smiley

Still, I'd like to hear anything about the kit if someone has to add, I will order within an hour or so.
- Marinus

badmanjoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello Ohmarinus,
>
> FABSTER3D on ebay is the same GADGETS3D! (not the
> same person, but same items) you can go ahead and
> buy from him - great guy.
>
> I didnt get his ultimate kit, but i bought from
> him before, very good quality.. you have nothing
> to worry about
April 29, 2013 05:45PM
I bought from this shop too. I bought ramps with 5 drivers and wires. Very good quality and the drivers can make your printer almost silent. I bought also the hotend..This hotend in my opinion doesnt worth the money. It comes with a fun and teflon. You cant print PLA without a fun and i had to realized after plastic stucked inside the hotend 2 times. You cant assemple it without putting teflon in the screw because after a while plastic runs from the nozzle. Until now after puting a lot of teflon inside cant see any plastic on the nozzle but i dont know in the future...
April 29, 2013 06:22PM
Hi Spyrakos, thanks for your reply, I have read about the hotend that it is a very good one.

I am only printing ABS for the time being, maybe I'll switch to PLA some day, but for now I am mostly into ABS since I just want to learn all about this subject before switching over to another material.

I have read a lot of good things about the hotend and am having some issues with my current hotend.. So I am willing to experiment.

The G3D stepper drivers sound really interesting, I am currently having my Sanguino equipped with the 'white pcb' so this means they are the cheap variant and shitty quality. Also the solder work on the Sanguino and pololu's are very poor.

I am currently using these Stepper motors:
Brand: Wantai
Holding Torque 4.8 kg/cm
47.1 N-cm
As 5mm
Voltage rating 3.1
Stepping angle 1.8 degrees
Current rating 2.5A
Nr. of leads 4 (30 cm)
Type 42BYGHW811

Do these G3D stepper drivers give out enough power to drive the 2.5 Amp stepper motors?

I am really into getting my electronics right this time once and forever.
- Marinus

Update:
Bought the kit, I am feeling confident that this is going to work.

Spyrakos Wrote:
> I bought from this shop too. I bought ramps with 5
> drivers and wires. Very good quality and the
> drivers can make your printer almost silent. I
> bought also the hotend..This hotend in my opinion
> doesnt worth the money. It comes with a fun and
> teflon. You cant print PLA without a fun and i had
> to realized after plastic stucked inside the
> hotend 2 times. You cant assemple it without
> putting teflon in the screw because after a while
> plastic runs from the nozzle. Until now after
> puting a lot of teflon inside cant see any plastic
> on the nozzle but i dont know in the future...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2013 06:35PM by Ohmarinus.
April 29, 2013 08:39PM
I have the kit and the only problem I have had is getting the LCD to work reliably.
Tried, shielding cables with a drain wire, very short cables, all with same result of screen displaying garbage in a short amount of time. Finally had lcd portion replaced by Fabster3d and it seemed like it was going to work but shortly there after same problem.
Built a panelmax version and so far it is working better but sometimes will still display garbage. Not sure if it is a problem in the Ramps board or other wiring.
April 30, 2013 05:20AM
You will lose some torque from your motors because all reprap drivers has about 2 amperes maximum output (with extra cooling) But you will not have a problem with the operation of your printer. Another thing from rampbs i bought is that the hotbed transistor is getting too hot and shuts down every 1 minute. The problem solved putting a fan in transistor. Maybe the cause is the hotbed but i dont know exactly right now. Here is a video of my reprap printing one of my first objects..[www.youtube.com]
April 30, 2013 05:24AM
I have my current heatbed wired through a relay, this causes it to drain power directly from the PSU instead of the mosfet. That might be a solution for you?

Curious how fast the kit will be here, I live in the Netherlands.
April 30, 2013 05:48AM
A relay is a solution because i see that arduino doesnt use pwm for the heat bed. I will try it soon thanks!
April 30, 2013 06:47AM
However, there is a setting in Marlin firmware where you can set PID for the Heatbed, it's not recommended.

If you need a wiring diagram for the relay, let me know smiling smiley
I have the wiring diagram for Sanguino, but I guess it will also work on RAMPS.

Spyrakos Wrote:
> A relay is a solution because i see that arduino
> doesnt use pwm for the heat bed. I will try it
> soon thanks!
June 14, 2013 08:51AM
Ohmarinus Wrote:
>
> Curious how fast the kit will be here, I live in
> the Netherlands.

Hi Ohmarinus,
did your kit arrived? How long did it take? I am planning on getting a set for my Prusa I3 build. I also live in the Netherlands, curios if there was any custom charges...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login