Posted by Johnnymoto 
Re: New project
May 23, 2013 10:25AM
Anybode ever thought about this

Link

Nema 17 flange and up to 0.25Nm torque
May 23, 2013 03:58PM
Nice, but not for me, I use 12v and these motors seem to run on 24v?

Why would you use these motors? Are they cheaper? Or better?

- Marinus
May 23, 2013 05:34PM
Ohmarinus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice, but not for me, I use 12v and these motors
> seem to run on 24v?
>
> Why would you use these motors? Are they cheaper?
> Or better?
>
> - Marinus

Definitely not cheaper than the ones I have got now, have a lot of doubts about them!
May 23, 2013 05:45PM
Just got one micro photoelectrical sensor in the mail. From www.sunxsensors.com, hope to get my arduino uno this weekend over here so I can make a test setup for the sensors. For the inductive sensors there are only 10v - 30v available, got a 24v power supply and a relay but that's much components for only an end stop.

The micro photoelectrical sensors will work with 5v, and you can choose NO or NC thru wiring.
May 25, 2013 04:07PM
Today machined the baseplate for setting up al the test projects. The plan it to test all the mechanical and electrical components that I will produce for my printer. First I will start with the a setup that includes a stepper motor with the gearing and spindle, also the sensors will be installed for testing. By doing this I can prevent possible failures in the end product. In the attachment you will find some pictures of the base plate, its 430x230x20.
Also the first parts are made for the first test setup. When I got the first setup complete I will let you all know!

Did anybody got an answer to the post I put a couple a days ago about the max frequency for the RAMPS 1.4 with Marlin?

Thanks,

Johnnymoto
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0820.JPG (125.4 KB)
open | download - IMG_0821.JPG (121.8 KB)
open | download - IMG_0822.JPG (119.9 KB)
May 25, 2013 07:11PM
Here are two drawings of the first test setup. Including:
Nema 17 stepper
18-36 Gear ratio (T2.5 pulleys)
10mm pitch spindle
Inductive sensor

Also the micro photoelectrical sensor will be tested.

Hope to finished all the parts by next weekend!
Attachments:
open | download - VDS-102 (1).JPG (122 KB)
open | download - VDS-102 (2).JPG (191.1 KB)
June 07, 2013 03:39PM
I have got another question, how can I activate the X_max Endstop? I'm homing at X_min, but over travelling in X +
direction when the trolley hits the frame. I don't want to use software limits on this test!

I have been digging in the firmware (Marlin) and think I need the following settings:

For homing in the X_Min directions --->>
// ENDSTOP SETTINGS:
// Sets direction of endstops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN
#define X_HOME_DIR -1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1

Disable the software limiting --->>
#define min_software_endstops false //If true, axis won't move to coordinates less than HOME_POS.
#define max_software_endstops false //If true, axis won't move to coordinates greater than the defined lengths below.

The opto switch is mounted and positive tested with a arduino uno. When i trigger it by hand and send M119 with Repetier it's also showing as triggerd in the interface.

Thanks,

Johnnymoto

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2013 03:52PM by Johnnymoto.
June 09, 2013 04:24AM
Nobody?
June 09, 2013 11:37AM
Johnnymoto,
I have really enjoyed following your build log. If no one can answer your question here and u can't find it on the Reprap.com site, try checking out the RepRap IRC (http://reprap.org/wiki/IRC). They have been really helpful for me so far.

--------------------------------------------------
Check out my blogs: [oc3dprint.blogspot.com] & [forums.reprap.org]
Hit me up if you have any tips or tricks.
July 20, 2013 02:00PM
A little update about the current situation:

The testing worked great and got to test alot of different stuff. Now i'm building the actual printer, but i have a problem.
I want to use Repetier as printer interface, but after a while it always pops up an error and it shuts itself down. Has somebody else
seen this kind of problem? There is no warning or other message given, only the standard message that the program doesn't works
and it's need to be shut down. It's only happening during printing. I already updated it and reinstalled is but without any good progress.
I'm using 32bit Vista.

Now i use Pronterface, this works fine but i prefer Repetier.

Thanks for the help!

Johnnymoto
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login