Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Open Book on "Low-cost 3D Printing for Science, Education and Sustainable Development"

Posted by NumberSix 
All,
Whether you're a beginner or experienced RepRapper I think this recent publication by the International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Trieste, Italy, will make interesting reading for all. (hope this isn't a re-post on the forum).

They have published an open book which complements their 1st International Conference on "Low-cost 3D Printing for Science, Education and Sustainable Development".

The book is free and can be downloaded from this location: http://sdu.ictp.it/3D/book.html. The opening section of the book explains it's purpose clearly.

Having read through it I can only say it's a well written, collated and presented publication. It covers a brief history of 3d printing and outlines the current rapidly evolving situation very nicely. The role of the RepRap movement in the happening revolution is well summarised also, which will be of interest to all. It also contains plenty of easy to follow explanations of the various dimensions to the 3d printing technology, and lots more.

It's exciting to see a mainstream academic body put this level of work, enthusiasms and commitment behind low-cost 3d printing.
Enjoy the read.
Re: Open Book on "Low-cost 3D Printing for Science, Education and Sustainable Development"
May 02, 2013 06:16PM
Very nice post, thank you, I am giving a short lecture on 3D-printing at my academy next week because I want to make my fellow-students aware of the technique, and also show them it's not yet as flashy and romantic as they think it is winking smiley

Going to read it tomorrow!
- Marinus
Thanks for the sharing.

The high definition one is a big file, and I'm downloading ...

--
liweitianux
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login