Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ramps 1.4 not using uploaded settings

Posted by GITRDUN 
ramps 1.4 not using uploaded settings
May 11, 2013 10:00AM
I am changing my extruder and i can not get my ramps board to accept the new extruder settings. It extrudes the same amount of filament no matter what i set the sprinter steps to for extruder. Am i missing something? Ive heard of needing to reset the ramps to take new settings but what does that mean, just push the reset button? Feeling pretty stupid right now.
Re: ramps 1.4 not using uploaded settings
May 11, 2013 10:02AM
Are you sure you're setting the 'E' steps/mm? Because I had the same problem this night and morning and I was calibrating the Z-steps/mm by accident and not the E-steps/mm.

The order in Marlin is: X, Y, Z, E
May 11, 2013 10:24AM
Yes, i am changing the steps specified after the /1.25,---- . Ive changed XYZ steps many times before and other things but it seems like i always have issues with getting the extruder changes to take effect. I guess i can just modify the extruder multiplier in the sliceing software but id like to have it close to right in the firmware to start with.
May 11, 2013 10:29AM
You don't say what firmware you are running, usually t he issue is that EEPROM is enabled, after the first time the firmware is loaded subsequent downloads will load the values from there instead of the values you set in configuration.h.
Depending on the firmware you can set the values with MCodes, or in repetiers case there is a dialog box in repetier host to change the values.
You can also just disable EEPROM in configuration.h

My blog [3dprinterhell.blogspot.com]
May 11, 2013 10:52AM
Sorry, i am using Sprinter, on a Mega 2560 with ramps 1.4 . Ill check into the EEPROM settings.
May 11, 2013 11:11AM
My eeprom storage setting was already turned off.
May 11, 2013 12:26PM
Got it. Not sure what was up ut its accepting new settings fine. Thanks.
May 11, 2013 01:25PM
Was you trying to upload while pronterface (or other printer interface) was still connected to the printer? Arduino cant flash the firmware if another program is still using it...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login