Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

All Axis Shut Down Periodically

Posted by N314 
All Axis Shut Down Periodically
May 11, 2013 05:09PM
My prints keep shifting. I paused the print and put a little force to try to move the X-carriage. I found that about every 3-4 seconds, all the motors on my printer shutdown for about half a second.

Dont know what info to give but please ask, Im so confused.

-Nick
Re: All Axis Shut Down Periodically
May 11, 2013 05:20PM
Sounds like overheating stepper drivers, turn the current down or improve the cooling.
May 11, 2013 06:17PM
They have been working fine for months, but one was skipping so i turned the X axis reference voltage up by .7V.

Why would overheating make the entire this shut down though, simultaneously?

-Nick
May 11, 2013 08:05PM
Possible power supply issue? I dont know of anything that would shut the whole thing down every few seconds... and as for the overheating I have no idea...

Use a multimeter on your power supply and see that your voltage is constant.
May 12, 2013 03:24AM
if thermistor fails and at any point in time min temp is reached, or max temp is exceeded, marlin firmware shuts down. only way is to restart usb connection to reset.

if that is ok, then check incoming power wiring. you should see error messages in communications logs. it is easier to troubleshoot using pronterface.
May 12, 2013 09:43AM
Well i just replaced the entire driver (X) and all works fine. Now that I replaced that driver the X axis runs far quieter and the X motor is cool to the touch when it used to get hot. Must have been a bad driver.

-Nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login